Traducción de challenge en español:
- 1 1.1 (summon) one knight challenged the otherhe challenged him to a duelun caballero desafió or retó al otroto challenge somebody to +lo desafió a un duelolo retó a duelo
infinitiveI challenge you to prove that!desafiar a alguien a que+ subjunctive1.2 (offer competition to) Ver ejemplos: no one can challenge the leaders now¡lo desafío a que lo demuestre!they'll be challenged by a coalition at the next electionnadie puede hacer peligrar la posición de los líderes1.3 (question)en las próximas elecciones se les enfrentará una coalición(authority/right/findings)(assumption/idea/theory)poner en entredicho or en duda or en tela de juicioOraciones de ejemplo
- He said that either a Newton Hearing, in which the disputed evidence is challenged, or an agreed basis of plea needed to take place before he could proceed with the case.
- Morrison completes her trilogy by confronting contemporary race and gender representations and challenging declarations of truth and law.
- By saying she doesn't remember she is tacitly accepting the truth by not challenging it.
- 2 (stimulate)this job will really challenge himsuponer or constituir un reto or un desafío paraeste trabajo realmente supondrá or constituirá un reto or un desafío para élOraciones de ejemplo
- The rare breeds hatchery business has challenged them, Drowns says.
- No strategy he could come up with would challenge him enough to spark interest.
- During the trading year, random events could spring up to challenge your ability to manage the business through such unforeseen situations.
- 3 3.1 (stop) (Military)she was challenged by a store detectivedarle el alto a3.2 (Law)un guarda de seguridad la abordó(juror)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The parties to any jury trial may inspect a copy of the panel from which the jury in their trial will be chosen, in order to decide whether any should be challenged
- Defence Counsel may challenge two jury candidates and jurors will be asked if they have any connection with case or defendant.
- Since one is not allowed to select jurors, but only to challenge (deselect) them, traditional approaches to jury selection have focused on identification and challenge of undesirable jurors
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A pioneer in liquid crystal displays, Sharp has seen its once-dominant position challenged by Taiwanese and Korean rivals.
- Fan is so far the only candidate and no one has yet emerged from the democratic camp to challenge the position she has held for the past seven years.
- The impressive and young Nurney team have not lost sight of the fact that they are one win away from getting themselves into a promotion challenging position.
- The security guard challenged him outside the building and the youngster gave himself up.
- Harkishin was challenged by security guards when he approached the checkout on Sunday.
- Sometimes a guard will challenge me and demand to see my pass.
- 1 countable 1.1 (to duel, race) to issue a challenge to somebodyto take up o accept the challengedesafiar or retar a alguien1.2 (competition) the Democrats are a serious challenge to the governmentaceptar el reto or desafíolos demócratas constituyen un serio rival para el gobiernoOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (disputing) Ver ejemplos: I cannot tolerate this challenge to my authority
no tolero que se cuestione mi autoridadOraciones de ejemplo
- Manchester United have won through November in a manner that should presage a championship challenge.
- They'll come second, but should really be staking a claim for a championship challenge.
- It was a nice win and one that we needed if we are to mount a challenge for the play-offs.
- Because of this idea of a competitive country, open to the biggest international challenges, I decided to be associated with the creation of A1 Team Portugal.
- A diversity of masculine subjectivities is mobilized around and through Spike as he comes to terms with challenges to his power.
- The obsession of kite flying can also be seen in competitive kite challenges.
- 2 countable or uncountable (stimulation) it isn't going to be easy, but I like a challengeno va a ser fácil, pero me gusta todo lo que supone or constituye un reto or un desafíoOraciones de ejemplo
- The novice traveler often must undergo tests or challenges, but the experienced holy person is familiar with the road and the terrain and encounters no such problems.
- Every day, the dozy dozen face a series of challenges and tasks designed to test the sleep-deprived.
- It was his brother, Matthew, an architect, who took up the challenge of linking the tiny stone school buildings and turning them into a home.
- 3 countable 3.1 (by policeman, sentry) 3.2 (to juror)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most of the hearing time was actually occupied by challenges to the jury, as it were, the panel of military officers that are going to hear the case.
- The coroner in charge of the inquest is facing a legal challenge to his decision to appoint 12 royal courtiers to the jury
- In mounting such a challenge, an attorney argues that based on a person's answers to the lawyer's or the judge's questions, that person has proved himself incapable of carrying out his responsibilities as a juror.
- Partisan poll workers have been accused of intimidating voters with photographs, heckling, and by challenges to their identity and qualifications.
- In order to proceed further, you must answer the sentry's challenge by entering the countersign
- The challenge must be made at a distance sufficient to prevent your being rushed by the person being challenged.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.