Traducción de challenge en español:
- 1 1.1 (summon) one knight challenged the otherun caballero desafió or retó al otrohe challenged him to a duello desafió a un dueloto challenge somebody to +
lo retó a duelo
infinitivedesafiar a alguienI challenge you to prove that! a que+ subjunctive¡lo desafío a que lo demuestre!1.2 (offer competition to) no one can challenge the leaders nownadie puede hacer peligrar la posición de los líderesthey'll be challenged by a coalition at the next electionen las próximas elecciones se les enfrentará una coalición1.3 (question)(authority/right/findings)
poner en entredicho
poner en duda
poner en tela de juicioOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He said that either a Newton Hearing, in which the disputed evidence is challenged, or an agreed basis of plea needed to take place before he could proceed with the case.
- Morrison completes her trilogy by confronting contemporary race and gender representations and challenging declarations of truth and law.
- By saying she doesn't remember she is tacitly accepting the truth by not challenging it.
- A pioneer in liquid crystal displays, Sharp has seen its once-dominant position challenged by Taiwanese and Korean rivals.
- Fan is so far the only candidate and no one has yet emerged from the democratic camp to challenge the position she has held for the past seven years.
- The impressive and young Nurney team have not lost sight of the fact that they are one win away from getting themselves into a promotion challenging position.
- 2 (stimulate)suponer or constituir un reto or un desafío parathis job will really challenge himeste trabajo realmente supondrá or constituirá un reto or un desafío para élOraciones de ejemplo
- The rare breeds hatchery business has challenged them, Drowns says.
- No strategy he could come up with would challenge him enough to spark interest.
- During the trading year, random events could spring up to challenge your ability to manage the business through such unforeseen situations.
- 3 3.1 (stop) (Military)darle el alto ashe was challenged by a store detectiveun guarda de seguridad la abordóOraciones de ejemplo3.2 (Law)
- The security guard challenged him outside the building and the youngster gave himself up.
- Harkishin was challenged by security guards when he approached the checkout on Sunday.
- Sometimes a guard will challenge me and demand to see my pass.
recusarOraciones de ejemplo
- The parties to any jury trial may inspect a copy of the panel from which the jury in their trial will be chosen, in order to decide whether any should be challenged
- Defence Counsel may challenge two jury candidates and jurors will be asked if they have any connection with case or defendant.
- Since one is not allowed to select jurors, but only to challenge (deselect) them, traditional approaches to jury selection have focused on identification and challenge of undesirable jurors
- 1 countable 1.1 (to duel, race) to issue a challenge to somebodydesafiar or retar a alguiento take up or accept the challengeaceptar el reto or desafíoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (competition) the Democrats are a serious challenge to the government
- Because of this idea of a competitive country, open to the biggest international challenges, I decided to be associated with the creation of A1 Team Portugal.
- A diversity of masculine subjectivities is mobilized around and through Spike as he comes to terms with challenges to his power.
- The obsession of kite flying can also be seen in competitive kite challenges.
los demócratas constituyen un serio rival para el gobierno1.3 (disputing) I cannot tolerate this challenge to my authorityno tolero que se cuestione mi autoridad
- Manchester United have won through November in a manner that should presage a championship challenge.
- They'll come second, but should really be staking a claim for a championship challenge.
- It was a nice win and one that we needed if we are to mount a challenge for the play-offs.
- 2 countable and uncountable (stimulation) it isn't going to be easy, but I like a challengeno va a ser fácil, pero me gusta todo lo que supone or constituye un reto or un desafíoOraciones de ejemplo
- The novice traveler often must undergo tests or challenges, but the experienced holy person is familiar with the road and the terrain and encounters no such problems.
- Every day, the dozy dozen face a series of challenges and tasks designed to test the sleep-deprived.
- It was his brother, Matthew, an architect, who took up the challenge of linking the tiny stone school buildings and turning them into a home.
- 3 countable 3.1 (by policeman, sentry)Oraciones de ejemplo3.2 (to juror)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Partisan poll workers have been accused of intimidating voters with photographs, heckling, and by challenges to their identity and qualifications.
- In order to proceed further, you must answer the sentry's challenge by entering the countersign
- The challenge must be made at a distance sufficient to prevent your being rushed by the person being challenged.
- Most of the hearing time was actually occupied by challenges to the jury, as it were, the panel of military officers that are going to hear the case.
- The coroner in charge of the inquest is facing a legal challenge to his decision to appoint 12 royal courtiers to the jury
- In mounting such a challenge, an attorney argues that based on a person's answers to the lawyer's or the judge's questions, that person has proved himself incapable of carrying out his responsibilities as a juror.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda