Traducción de cheat en español:
- 1 (deceive) to cheat somebody (
out) of somethingthey were cheated (out) of their landlos estafaron or engañaron or timaron quitándoles las tierrasOraciones de ejemplo
- He has been painted by the Western press as a drunk, a psychotic, an unreconstructed Stalinist, and a guy who cheats at golf.
- It's essentially telling them, either the state is over its head, or it simply is cheating and being dishonest.
- And as long as the financial rewards for success are so lucrative there will always be an incentive to cheat in order to gain any advantage.
- 2 (avoid) he cheated death yet again [literary]burló a la muerte una vez más [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The 86-year-old had already cheated death several times.
- But a Yorkshire honeymoon couple yesterday told how they cheated death - because they were too tired to go out after spending the day sightseeing.
- A miracle baby who cheated death after being born four months early is today a ‘happy and healthy’ boy who has just celebrated his first birthday.
- 1 (act deceitfully)hacer trampasto cheat at cardshacer trampa(s) jugando a las cartasto cheat on o (British English) in an examhacer trampa or copiar(se) (en un examen)he cheated on his income taxhizo trampas en la declaración de la renta
- 2 (be unfaithful)to cheat
onsomebodyengañar a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- Of course, one of the women was also cheating on her lover with a man, which so infuriated her lover that it resulted in one woman killing the other in a jealous rage.
- Another guy I know was cheating on his wife, but ultimately broke off the affair and went back to her.
- Well, I found out his girlfriend's e-mail address, and under a false name I told her that her boyfriend had been cheating on her with me and a bunch of other girls.
- 1(swindler) estafador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(at cards) tramposo, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)
fulero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine) (Spain) [colloquial](in exam) tramposo, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Athletes who abide by the rules are up against cheats with a distinct advantage.
- A benefits cheat who dishonestly claimed £22,000 while living a life of luxury said today that no amount of money could buy happiness.
- An honest person will have friends who value honesty, and a dishonest one will have cheats as friends.
- 2 (trick, fraud)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some casinos subscribe to the agency, which protects casinos from cheats and scams.
- It is a sales gimmick, a cheat, a swindle, a scam.
- The film has three slackers riding their way through college on scams, cheats and underhanded stunts.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda