- 1 [Mus] acorde (m) major/minor chord acorde mayor/menor to strike/touch a chord that struck a chord with her eso le tocó la fibra sensible his speech struck the right chord with the audience su discurso estuvo en perfecta sintonía con el sentir del público it touches some common chord in all of us nos llega a todosMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From the tramping funeral rhythm of the opening movement to the ominous major - minor chords of the finale, the symphony offers precious little respite from its tragic purpose.
- Prokofiev's daunting cluster chords and rapid fire pianistic flourishes held no terrors for her.
- The top note of the chord identifies major, while the middle note identifies minor.
- Her fingers began to lightly touch the delicate chords of the instrument and with just a mere stroke; her voice began to accompany the melodic beat.
- Her agile fingers began working like mad as they strung various wires and chords expertly through the holes.
- The guests' voices faded, as she began to caress the chords of the instrument and raised her soft voice.
- 2 [Math] cuerda (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He found the length of an arc of the cycloid using an exhaustion proof based on dissections to reduce the problem to summing segments of chords of a circle which are in geometric progression.
- He wrote on the computation of sines and chords.
- The angle at the centre of a circle is twice the angle at the circumference from the same chord.
- 3 [Anat] cuerda (f)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.