- 1.1 (throw) chuck it in the garbagetíralo a la basurachuck me a towel/the ball
bótalo a la basura (Latin America except River Plate area)tírame or (in Colombia, Mexico, Peru also) aviéntame una toalla/la pelotaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (give up) chuck it!
- There's amusement in his eyes as he strides into the room casually chucking his jacket over the back of the sofa.
- People in the town feed these pigeons and until they stop chucking food about we will not get rid of them.
- But I also agree with him that the second may be a bit more positive than just the government chucking money at traffic jams.
¡basta ya!Oraciones de ejemplo
- The pleasure of having a disk that is brimming to capacity, chucking it out and throwing in a new one that's 5 times the size is immeasurable.
- A former Dutch prosecutor, who resigned last year after it emerged he had chucked his old PC out with the trash is in trouble again.
- Besides, I felt relieved as I didn't have to chuck the stuff away.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (end relationship with)
- That's when the Minish athlete chucked in her pensionable job for the hard world of professional athletics, but she has been an admirable student since then.
- Oh, and did I mention that 12 months prior I had chucked in a cushy job in a University Science department to pursue this dream?
- Freshly enrolled in Ballyfermot senior college in Dublin, the former waiter knew he was right to have chucked in his old job and turned his hand to journalism.
- I can understand why Sir Alex Ferguson is not chucking it.
- He didn't have a problem that way, because at least I wasn't seen to be chucking it.
- To adapt G. K. Chesterton's advice to another public worthy: chuck it, Hockney.
botar (Central America) (Chile) [colloquial]
largar (River Plate area) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- McFadden has been through a lot: painfully and publicly dumped by her husband, then chucked again by the publicity-seeking Dan Corsi.
- For the most part, it's about getting back at people who chucked you.
- He becomes homesick, his girlfriend chucks him for a Tannadice midfielder, he takes to drink and gives up the game.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1 (squander, waste) [colloquial]
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 1.1 (get rid of) 1.2 (reject)
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object (British English) → chuck in 2verb + adverb (vomit) [slang]
(opportunity)1.2→ chuck out 1 1
(job/studies) (British English) [colloquial]I'm going to chuck it (all) in
mandar al diablo [colloquial]
mandar al diablo [colloquial]
voy a mandar todo al diablo [colloquial]
(British English) (plan/suggestion)2verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object (expel)
- (stroke) to chuck somebody under the chindarle una palmadita en la barbilla a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- ‘You won't go short!’ she says to her son in baby talk, chucking him under the chin.
- Nicholas laughed and lightly chucked Susan under the chin.
- She smiled wickedly and chucked him under the chin.
- (playful pat)palmadita (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- But let's be clear there - a chuck under the chin is quite sufficient to convince me that affection can last the distance.
- He gave the toddler a chuck under the chin which earned him a toothy grin.
- Kelly reached forward and gave her a token chuck under the chin.
- 1 countable (Technology)portabrocas (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- One of the challenges of crank grinding relates to clamping the workpiece in the chuck so that the crank pin can be cylindrically ground.
- To make the feet, the turner placed an offset chuck on the lathe and turned this part of the leg along a second axis.
- Other keyless devices consist of rotating knobs (similar to a chuck on a drill) on the slide mechanism.
- 2 uncountable (Cookery)(corte de carne vacuna del cuarto delantero)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Shred about 10 ounces cooked beef brisket or chuck.
- Cut the pork, venison, chuck steak and kielbasa sausage into 2.5cm / 1in cubes, then toss together in the flour.
- Similarly, the steak and kidney pie is now made with best blade steak rather than chuck beef.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda