Traducción de claim en español:
- 1 (demand) Ver ejemplos: wage o pay claimclaimdemanda (feminine) de aumento salarial
forsomethingmy claim for a disability allowance was rejectedto put in a claim for expensesrechazaron mi solicitud de una prestación por invalidezthe company paid o met his claim for compensation in fullpresentar una solicitud de reembolso de gastosto file a claim she makes enormous claims on my timela compañía pagó la totalidad de la suma que reclamó como indemnizaciónme quita muchísimo tiempo
- 2 (to right, title) Ver ejemplos:claim (
tosomething) they have a legitimate claim to the territoryI've no claim to expertise in that areatienen legítimo derecho a reivindicar el territorio como propiothat's her only claim to fameno pretendo ser experto en la materiato lay claim to somethingeso es lo único por lo que se destacaresearch has a prior claim on available fundsreivindicar algoshe has first claim on my affectionla investigación tiene prioridad en la adjudicación de los fondos disponibleses la persona que más quiero
- 3 (allegation) that's a big claim to makethey ignored her claim that she was being followedeso es mucho decirafirmó que la seguían pero no le hicieron casoOraciones de ejemplo
- The claim that professors at the leading law schools tilt to the left is supported by statistics.
- But critics say the claim that the 87,000 who've left are doing well rests on shaky evidence.
- Do you think there is any substance, then, to his claim that his own warnings went ignored?
- 4 (piece of land) he staked his claim to the party leadershipsee also → stake1 2 1dejó claro que estaba en la contienda por el liderazgo del partidoOraciones de ejemplo
- The area no longer has any active mines, but there are large tracts of land under claim for placer mining.
- The mining claims or other mining related interest may be affected by the action.
- As a result Chinese were driven off gold mining claims by white miners who had no fear of being arrested.
- 1 1.1 (assert title to)(throne/inheritance/land)(right)to claim diplomatic immunitythey claimed the disputed territory as their ownalegar inmunidad diplomática1.2 (demand, take as one's own)reivindicaron como suyo el territorio en litigio(lost property)she claimed her rightful place as the world championthe earthquake claimed many livesocupó el lugar que le correspondía como campeona mundial1.3 (social security/benefits) (apply for)el terremoto cobró muchas vidas(receive)he's going to claim compensationshe's not entitled to claim these allowancesva a exigir que se lo indemniceva a reclamar una indemnizaciónyou can claim your expenses backno tiene derecho a (solicitar) estas prestacionespuedes pedir que te reembolsen los gastosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was also accused of faking three burglaries to claim insurance money.
- If it ever breaks down, call your local computer geek, or set fire to it and claim the insurance money!
- What a tragedy it would be to be burgled and not have time to claim on your insurance policy.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It set out do something, only to achieve nothing and then claim a victory.
- The UK government is claiming some kind of victory out of a Common Fisheries Policy negotiations which everyone, in the cold light of dawn, admits is the management of extinction by committee.
- His supporters, having claimed victory, were celebrating in the streets Thursday night.
- If he does, tradition demands that he can claim a seat on the Treasury bench.
- She remained the moving spirit behind the scenes for a long time after she stopped claiming any formal roles or titles.
- Some householders then claim compensation from the council, and the council demands the builder repays that compensation.
- 2 (allege, profess) Ver ejemplos: no one has claimed responsibility for the attackno one can yet claim victorynadie ha reivindicado el atentadoI can't claim indifferencenadie puede cantar victoria todavíahe claimed (that) he knew nothing about itno puedo pretender que no me importahe claims their dog bit himaseguraba or afirmaba no saber nada de elloto claim to +dice haber sido mordido por su perro
infinitivethey claim to have found the cureI can't claim to be an intellectualdicen or aseguran haber encontrado la curano pretendo ser un intelectualOraciones de ejemplo
- The developers and some anthropologists claimed that the evidence on which protection had been granted was fabricated.
- Mrs May claimed that evidence from the blonde-haired victim, who had had a baby since her ordeal, was unreliable.
- The plaintiff claimed that there is evidence to show what her current needs are.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to