Traducción de claim en español:
- 1 (demand) wage o pay claimdemanda (feminine) de aumento salarialclaim
reivindicación (feminine) salarial
forsomethingmy claim for a disability allowance was rejectedrechazaron mi solicitud de una prestación por invalidezto put in a claim for expensespresentar una solicitud de reembolso de gastosthe company paid o met his claim for compensation in fullla compañía pagó la totalidad de la suma que reclamó como indemnizaciónto file a claim she makes enormous claims on my timeme quita muchísimo tiempo
- 2 (to right, title)claim (
tosomething) they have a legitimate claim to the territorytienen legítimo derecho a reivindicar el territorio como propioI've no claim to expertise in that areano pretendo ser experto en la materiathat's her only claim to fameeso es lo único por lo que se destacato lay claim to somethingreivindicar algoresearch has a prior claim on available fundsla investigación tiene prioridad en la adjudicación de los fondos disponiblesshe has first claim on my affectiones la persona que más quiero
- 3 (allegation) that's a big claim to makeeso es mucho decirthey ignored her claim that she was being followedafirmó que la seguían pero no le hicieron casoOraciones de ejemplo
- The claim that professors at the leading law schools tilt to the left is supported by statistics.
- But critics say the claim that the 87,000 who've left are doing well rests on shaky evidence.
- Do you think there is any substance, then, to his claim that his own warnings went ignored?
- 4 (piece of land) he staked his claim to the party leadershipdejó claro que estaba en la contienda por el liderazgo del partidosee also → stake1 2 1Oraciones de ejemplo
- The area no longer has any active mines, but there are large tracts of land under claim for placer mining.
- The mining claims or other mining related interest may be affected by the action.
- As a result Chinese were driven off gold mining claims by white miners who had no fear of being arrested.
- 1 1.1 (assert title to)(throne/inheritance/land)
reclamar(right)to claim diplomatic immunity
reivindicaralegar inmunidad diplomáticathey claimed the disputed territory as their ownreivindicaron como suyo el territorio en litigio1.2 (demand, take as one's own)(lost property)she claimed her rightful place as the world champion
reclamarocupó el lugar que le correspondía como campeona mundialthe earthquake claimed many livesel terremoto cobró muchas vidas1.3 (social security/benefits) (apply for)(receive)he's going to claim compensation
cobrarva a exigir que se lo indemniceshe's not entitled to claim these allowances
va a reclamar una indemnizaciónno tiene derecho a (solicitar) estas prestacionesyou can claim your expenses backpuedes pedir que te reembolsen los gastosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was also accused of faking three burglaries to claim insurance money.
- If it ever breaks down, call your local computer geek, or set fire to it and claim the insurance money!
- What a tragedy it would be to be burgled and not have time to claim on your insurance policy.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It set out do something, only to achieve nothing and then claim a victory.
- The UK government is claiming some kind of victory out of a Common Fisheries Policy negotiations which everyone, in the cold light of dawn, admits is the management of extinction by committee.
- His supporters, having claimed victory, were celebrating in the streets Thursday night.
- If he does, tradition demands that he can claim a seat on the Treasury bench.
- She remained the moving spirit behind the scenes for a long time after she stopped claiming any formal roles or titles.
- Some householders then claim compensation from the council, and the council demands the builder repays that compensation.
- 2 (allege, profess) no one has claimed responsibility for the attacknadie ha reivindicado el atentadono one can yet claim victorynadie puede cantar victoria todavíaI can't claim indifferenceno puedo pretender que no me importahe claimed (that) he knew nothing about itaseguraba or afirmaba no saber nada de ellohe claims their dog bit himdice haber sido mordido por su perroto claim to +
infinitivethey claim to have found the curedicen or aseguran haber encontrado la curaI can't claim to be an intellectualno pretendo ser un intelectualOraciones de ejemplo
- The developers and some anthropologists claimed that the evidence on which protection had been granted was fabricated.
- Mrs May claimed that evidence from the blonde-haired victim, who had had a baby since her ordeal, was unreliable.
- The plaintiff claimed that there is evidence to show what her current needs are.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda