Traducción de coat en español:
- 1 (Clothing)also: overcoat1.1 (for men)abrigo (masculine) or (River Plate area) sobretodo (masculine)(for women) abrigo (masculine) or (River Plate area) tapado (masculine)to cut one's coat according to one's cloth (British English)vivir según sus ( or mis etc) posibilidadesto trail one's coat
adaptarse a las circunstancias
no estirar los pies más de lo que da la frazada (River Plate area) [colloquial]buscar pelea or [colloquial] camorrato turn o change one's coatcambiar de chaqueta
chaquetearOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (jacket)
(heavier) chaquetón (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mr. Walker pulled a pair of mittens out of his coat pocket and handed them to me.
- We wore our winter coats and stuffed our pockets with what little bread we had left.
- See this new camera is big and bulky - in winter I put it in my puffy coat pocket and barely even noticed it.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The new line includes a hunting coat, parka, vest, shirt and pant.
- Like a tailor, he keeps big needles pinned behind the lapel of his coat, a plaid jacket too large for him.
- Personally I think the jackets look like pyjama coats, but they are not my cuppa.
- Key focus continues to be short shift dresses, coats and skirts.
- The next three hours were a blur, as Keira tried on dresses, shirts, coats, skirts, pants, shoes and hats.
- This season's key items are all short, from skirts to dresses and coats.
- 2 (of animals)Oraciones de ejemplo
- For instance, someone who is especially house proud will not want a dog with a long coat which sheds hair all over the furniture.
- Animals with heavy coats, such as Highland cattle and Galloways, were the most prone to problems, he added.
- Believe it or not mathematics explains why animals can have coats with spotted bodies and striped tails but not striped bodies with spotted tails.
- 3 (layer — of paint, varnish)(— of dust) capa (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The env gene codes for a protein on the outer coat of the virus that allows it to recognize and attach to human cells.
- They code for the coat proteins of the two viruses, which are primary targets for the host immune system.
- Finally, all the Ames test strains have defective polysaccharide outer coats, to make them more permeable to the test chemicals.
- They felt it needed a new coat of paint to freshen it up.
- Yet another group applied fresh coats of paint on the panels of windows and doors.
- And how I would love to put a fresh coat of paint on it.
- coated with chocolatecubierto de chocolatecoat the surface with primer
bañado en chocolateaplique una capa or mano de base a la superficiehis tongue was coatedtenía la lengua sucia
tenía la lengua cubierta de saburra [technical]Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is then coated with a thin layer of white lead on which the outline of the picture is drawn.
- It's as if the camera lens had been coated with a thin layer of Vaseline and hurriedly wiped clean.
- My eyes had been coated with a layer of black mascara and a decent amount of black eyeliner.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda