Traducción de coat en español:
- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria](overcoat)1.1 (for men) abrigo (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) sobretodo (masculine); (for women) abrigo (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) tapado (masculine) to cut one's coat according to one's cloth (British English/inglés británico) vivir según sus ( or mis etc) posibilidades, adaptarse a las circunstancias, no estirar los pies más de lo que da la frazada (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] to trail one's coat buscar* pelea or [colloquial/familiar] camorra to turn o change one's coat cambiar de chaqueta, chaquetearExample sentences
- Mr. Walker pulled a pair of mittens out of his coat pocket and handed them to me.
- We wore our winter coats and stuffed our pockets with what little bread we had left.
- See this new camera is big and bulky - in winter I put it in my puffy coat pocket and barely even noticed it.
Example sentences1.2 (jacket) chaqueta (feminine), saco (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (heavier) chaquetón (masculine)
- The new line includes a hunting coat, parka, vest, shirt and pant.
- Like a tailor, he keeps big needles pinned behind the lapel of his coat, a plaid jacket too large for him.
- Personally I think the jackets look like pyjama coats, but they are not my cuppa.
- Key focus continues to be short shift dresses, coats and skirts.
- The next three hours were a blur, as Keira tried on dresses, shirts, coats, skirts, pants, shoes and hats.
- This season's key items are all short, from skirts to dresses and coats.
- 2 (of animals) pelaje (masculine)Example sentences
- For instance, someone who is especially house proud will not want a dog with a long coat which sheds hair all over the furniture.
- Animals with heavy coats, such as Highland cattle and Galloways, were the most prone to problems, he added.
- Believe it or not mathematics explains why animals can have coats with spotted bodies and striped tails but not striped bodies with spotted tails.
- 3 (layer — of paint, varnish) capa (feminine), mano (feminine); (— of dust) capa (feminine)Example sentences
- The env gene codes for a protein on the outer coat of the virus that allows it to recognize and attach to human cells.
- They code for the coat proteins of the two viruses, which are primary targets for the host immune system.
- Finally, all the Ames test strains have defective polysaccharide outer coats, to make them more permeable to the test chemicals.
- They felt it needed a new coat of paint to freshen it up.
- Yet another group applied fresh coats of paint on the panels of windows and doors.
- And how I would love to put a fresh coat of paint on it.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- cubrir* coated with chocolate cubierto de chocolate, bañado en chocolate coat the surface with primer aplique una capa or mano de base a la superficie his tongue was coated tenía la lengua sucia, tenía la lengua cubierta de saburra [technical/técnico]
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the