- (in punctuation) dos puntos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- But it's hard enough for some people to acquire an instinctive sense of the different uses of commas, let alone the employment of colons and semi-colons.
- Programming languages often consist of a seemingly random usage of parenthesis, brackets, asterisks, slashes, colons and semi-colons.
- In less formal writing, the dash is often a catch-all mark to take the place of both colon and semicolon, obviating the need to distinguish them or think about more subtle kinds of punctuation.
- Time is in army format without the colon between hours and minutes.