Traducción de comb en español:
- 1 1.1 (for hair) to go over something with a fine-tooth combexaminar or revisar algo minuciosamente or con lupaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (worn in hair)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This involves lifting the hair with a metal comb and burning off the ends with a lighted taper.
- I quickly brushed my teeth and ran a comb through my hair.
- After breaking another tooth off of my comb, I realized that my hair was the boss.
- Besides the explosion of headbands and jeweled hair combs, watch for a continual rise in the popularity of all types of silk and couture hair flowers.
- No hats, combs, kerchiefs or anything but hair should be on your head.
- ‘Finished,’ I called out and pulled the gold combs out of my hair as he turned back to face me.
- 2 (act) (no plural) your hair needs a good combgive your hair a quick combtienes que peinarte bienpásate un peinedate una peinada (especially Latin America)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Giving my hair a quick comb through with my fingers I turned around to see that the door was open.
- With a quick comb of her hair, and the applying of a light coat of make-up and a flowery fragrance, she was out the door.
- I've taken to wearing baseball caps instead of having a slight comb in the morning.
- 3 (for disentangling fibres)carda (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- If a comb was used, this would be to get the fibres parallel.
- 4 (on bird)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Resplendent in bright orange, black and red, his comb, wattles and ear lobes have been shorn off.
- Cracids may have a casque, hard comb, wattle or fleshy knob at the base of the bill.
- As in other grouse species, red grouse combs are larger and brighter in males, and their size is testosterone-dependent.
- 1 1.1 (pass a comb through) Ver ejemplos: to comb somebody's hairto comb one's hairpeinar a alguien1.2peinarse(wool/cotton)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The fibres damaged the skin on the women's hands if their job was to comb the flax by hand.
- All the literature said you had to ret the fibres and then comb them, basically an industrial process.
- They were made of long wool fibers that were first combed to straighten them, spun tightly then woven in fancy weave structures.
- For once, his hair had been combed neatly for the occasion.
- Slightly built, with neatly combed gray hair and a trimmed mustache, he looks out at us through thick eyeglasses.
- His hair had been combed neatly and he was wearing a hint of cologne when he outreached his hand for her.
- 2 (search)(files/archives)to comb somethingrebuscar en
forsomethingthey combed the area for survivors/cluesI combed the newspaper for the storypeinaron or rastrearon la zona en busca de supervivientes/ pistasrepasé el periódico de arriba abajo buscando el artículoOraciones de ejemplo
- Police are combing the streets, handing out flyers and watching airports and bus terminals.
- Her disappearance provoked a massive public response, and hundreds of police officers combed the city streets.
- I had been combing through the wreckage, searching for anyone that might have survived.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to