Traducción de command en español:
- 1 1.1 (order) Ver ejemplos:to command somebody to +
infinitivehe commanded us to fireordenarle aalguien que+ subjunctivehe commanded that the attack beginnos ordenó que disparásemosordenó que comenzara el ataqueOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (have authority over)
(regiment/army/ship)estar al mando detener el mando deOraciones de ejemplo
- ‘In here, men,’ a gruff voice commanded as the feet drew nearer.
- ‘Bring him to me,’ she commanded, her voice authoritative and unwavering.
- ‘Give the phone back to my mother,’ she commanded, her voice like steel.
- He then commanded a unit in Miami, charged with conducting operations against Communist Cuba.
- John fought in Vietnam and commanded a helicopter unit in Somalia.
- He commanded the unit for six years and was its honorary colonel twice.
- 3(confidence)she can now command very high feesit will command a higher priceahora puede exigir honorarios muy altosalcanzará un precio más altoOraciones de ejemplo
- This is evidence that not only are people buying homes, but that demand in the market is strong enough to command premium asking prices.
- Items that are hard to find in the original labeled box, that are in unused condition and in boxes, and that are in fine condition commanded the strongest prices.
- The political leader of the opposition party which commands the majority in the Parliament, usually holds the post of Opposition Leader.
- 1 1.1 countable (order) the message was sent at the general's commandby royal commandel mensaje se envió por orden del generalhe gave the command to firepor orden realher command that the prisoner be freeddio (la) orden de disparar1.2 uncountable (authority) he was given command of a regimentsu orden de poner en libertad al prisionero or de que el prisionero fuera puesto en libertadto assume command [formal]lo pusieron al mando de un regimientoto be at somebody's commandasumir el mandoif you need help, I'm at your commandestar a las órdenes de alguienwho's in command on this ship?si necesita ayuda, estoy a sus órdenes or a su disposiciónthe officer in command¿quién está al mando de este barco?¿quién manda en este barco?the colonel in command of the troopsel oficial al mandoshe's in command of the situationel coronel al mando de las tropasshe took command of the businesses dueña de la situaciónunder somebody's commandse hizo cargo or se puso al frente del negociobajo las órdenes de alguienOraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (directing group) (+ singular or plural verb) the high command ordered a retreat
el alto mando ordenó la retiradaOraciones de ejemplo
- The ship's arrival posed a problem to the British authorities, then in command of the Cape.
- ‘Russell has a natural energy and authority, and he took command of that ship from the beginning’.
- His uncle was stationed in command of the imperial naval base at Misenum, on the north-west extremity of the Bay of Naples.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Strategic and operational command used tactical forces and assets and created favorable conditions for their use.
- The Army needs competent, confident, adaptive thinkers to exercise battle command.
- The military's southern command said an infantry brigade has been sent to the site to assist the citizens.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The soldiers obeyed his command because he had ordered them to.
- People merely obey arbitrary commands and orders, but they respond quickly and usually give extra effort for leaders who genuinely care for them.
- It wasn't a question it was a command which Pearl quickly obeyed.
- The custom commands are simply instructions you speak to the computer and then it performs the designated task.
- It's a safe way to execute commands on remote computers.
- You can also use commands to change the order of word fields - for example, make the first word in a line, the fourth - and the fourth word, the first.
- 2 uncountable (mastery) her command of Germanshe has a wide vocabulary at her commandsu dominio del alemándispone de or domina un amplio vocabularioOraciones de ejemplo
- Tonight we saw that he has an equal command over domestic issues.
- Once you have a command over these combinations, you can always improvise and go beyond that depending on your creativity.
- First, one must have a firm command over classical Arabic language including its vocabulary, grammar, metaphors, and idioms.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than