Traducción de command en español:
- 1 1.1 (order)to command somebody to +
infinitiveordenarlehe commanded us to fire aalguien que+ subjunctivenos ordenó que disparásemoshe commanded that the attack beginordenó que comenzara el ataqueOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (have authority over)
- ‘In here, men,’ a gruff voice commanded as the feet drew nearer.
- ‘Bring him to me,’ she commanded, her voice authoritative and unwavering.
- ‘Give the phone back to my mother,’ she commanded, her voice like steel.
estar al mando de
tener el mando de
comandarOraciones de ejemplo
- He then commanded a unit in Miami, charged with conducting operations against Communist Cuba.
- John fought in Vietnam and commanded a helicopter unit in Somalia.
- He commanded the unit for six years and was its honorary colonel twice.
- 2 (have)(wealth/resources)
disponer de(majority)the hotel commands magnificent views
contar conel hotel cuenta con or tiene magníficas vistasOraciones de ejemplo
- This is evidence that not only are people buying homes, but that demand in the market is strong enough to command premium asking prices.
- Items that are hard to find in the original labeled box, that are in unused condition and in boxes, and that are in fine condition commanded the strongest prices.
- The political leader of the opposition party which commands the majority in the Parliament, usually holds the post of Opposition Leader.
- 1 1.1 countable (order) the message was sent at the general's commandel mensaje se envió por orden del generalby royal commandpor orden realhe gave the command to firedio (la) orden de dispararher command that the prisoner be freedsu orden de poner en libertad al prisionero or de que el prisionero fuera puesto en libertadOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (authority) he was given command of a regiment
- The soldiers obeyed his command because he had ordered them to.
- People merely obey arbitrary commands and orders, but they respond quickly and usually give extra effort for leaders who genuinely care for them.
- It wasn't a question it was a command which Pearl quickly obeyed.
lo pusieron al mando de un regimientoto assume command [formal]asumir el mandoto be at somebody's commandestar a las órdenes de alguienif you need help, I'm at your commandsi necesita ayuda, estoy a sus órdenes or a su disposiciónwho's in command on this ship?¿quién está al mando de este barco?the officer in command
- The custom commands are simply instructions you speak to the computer and then it performs the designated task.
- It's a safe way to execute commands on remote computers.
- You can also use commands to change the order of word fields - for example, make the first word in a line, the fourth - and the fourth word, the first.
¿quién manda en este barco?el oficial al mandothe colonel in command of the troopsel coronel al mando de las tropasshe's in command of the situationes dueña de la situaciónshe took command of the businessse hizo cargo or se puso al frente del negociounder somebody's commandbajo las órdenes de alguienOraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (directing group) (+ singular or plural verb) the high command ordered a retreat
el alto mando ordenó la retiradaOraciones de ejemplo
- The ship's arrival posed a problem to the British authorities, then in command of the Cape.
- ‘Russell has a natural energy and authority, and he took command of that ship from the beginning’.
- His uncle was stationed in command of the imperial naval base at Misenum, on the north-west extremity of the Bay of Naples.
- Strategic and operational command used tactical forces and assets and created favorable conditions for their use.
- The Army needs competent, confident, adaptive thinkers to exercise battle command.
- The military's southern command said an infantry brigade has been sent to the site to assist the citizens.
- 2 uncountable (mastery) her command of Germansu dominio del alemánshe has a wide vocabulary at her commanddispone de or domina un amplio vocabularioOraciones de ejemplo
- Tonight we saw that he has an equal command over domestic issues.
- Once you have a command over these combinations, you can always improvise and go beyond that depending on your creativity.
- First, one must have a firm command over classical Arabic language including its vocabulary, grammar, metaphors, and idioms.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda