Traducción de commend en español:
- 1 1.1 (praise)(person/work/action)to commend somebody
forsomethinghighly commendedelogiar a alguien poralgoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (recommend) the book has little/much to commend it
to commend somethingel libro tiene pocos/muchos méritos
- Senior control operators are now looking at the possibility of officially commending Fiona for her efforts.
- Restored Victorian buildings and innovative new designs have been officially commended in a town watchdog's annual awards.
- Fire officers plan to officially commend Jonathan for his bravery.
tosomebodyhis work did not commend itself to the judgesrecomendar(le) algo aalguiensu obra no encontró aceptación entre el juradoOraciones de ejemplo
- Cynical consultants would expect the Department of Health to suggest such a move, but it is quite astonishing that the BMA should not just suggest but commend this to us and at standard rates of pay.
- With those few remarks, I commend the revised Standing Orders and the committee's recommendation to this House.
- It is not one that commended itself to the judge originally dealing with the paper application.
- 2 [formal] 2.1 (entrust) Ver ejemplos:to commend somebody/something
tosomebodyshe commended her soul to God 2.2 (in polite formulas) Ver ejemplos:commend me to your familyencomendar(le) alguien/algo aalguienpresente mis respetos a su familia [formal]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And for this I commend them to their station commander.
- My dear and well beloved father, I commend me to you, doing you to wit that I have but a little while to go and am like within a short time with the grace of God to be delivered of child.
- When her Son saw her and his other friends weeping with a tearful voice he commended her to John.
- I commended my soul to God and said in a quaking voice, ‘Yes.’
- And like untold hundreds of men and woman have done throughout the Conference's 57-year history, I closed my eyes, commended my soul to God, and accepted the invitation.
- Mr. O'Neal thanked God for the life of the deceased and the service he rendered and commended his soul to God.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.