- 1 (community)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Setting up communes, where senior citizens can live together with well-provided support structures that they might require from time to time is a good idea.
- I lived with various communes of people in share houses, or on shared land, I lived in tepees, in cars, in tents, in a bedroll.
- I thought it would be neat to live in a peaceful commune and promote world togetherness.
- 2 (administrative division)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Monaco has borders with several communes of the French Department of the Alpes-Maritimes.
- The commune is the smallest administrative level.
- Wines made from grapes grown within the commune of Pupillin have the right to the appellation Arbois Pupillin.
- In other communes a two-thirds majority vote could enforce consolidations for the whole village.
- In Spain in 1857, and in Italy in 1859, education laws imposed on communes the obligation to provide elementary schools, and on parents the obligation to send their children there for at least two or three years.
- At the beginning of the Second World War 45 per cent of the population lived in rural communes, defined as having fewer than 2,000 inhabitants.
- [literary]to commune with God/natureestar en íntima comunión con Dios/la naturalezaOraciones de ejemplo
- This was an almost sacred space, within which a man communed with the very essence of his creative, spiritual vision.
- There was nothing more intimate and secluded than that celebration in the midst of an open field, a simple place within which people communed with grace.
- However, the effort is invariably rewarded with the sense of well-being that comes from communing with the glories of nature.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda