- 1 [Religion/Religión] 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (Eucharist)(Communion)Holy Communion la Santa or Sagrada Comunión to take Communion recibir la comunión or la eucaristía, comulgar* (before noun/delante del nombre) communion cup cáliz (masculine) communion rail comulgatorio (masculine) communion service comunión (feminine) 1.2 countable/numerable (denomination) confesión (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He courageously describes the discrimination and harm often visited upon one of Christianity's oldest communions - the Coptic Church.
- This document still serves as a primary point of reference for Anglican dialogue with other Christian communions.
- The advert says, ‘We are Christians, from different communions.’
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (exchange of ideas, fellowship) [formal] comunión (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am in exclusive intimate spiritual communion with each of my devotees.
- The sheer joy of that intimate communion with nature; the contented peace we discover on the banks of running waters - that's what it's really all about.
- Their imaginations are dominated by the ghosts of the past, in intimate communion with the shimmering world of the dead.
- This relation is not one of appropriation, possession, or passive representation of knowledge, but of communion and co-creative participation.
- Mutual participation or communion is an integral feature of Christian salvation.
- Making, breaking, and distributing bread carried profound connotations of friendship, communion, giving, sharing, justice.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Most first names in Spanish-speaking countries are those of saints. A person's santo, (also known as onomástico in Latin America and onomástica in Spain) is the saint's day of the saint that they are named for. Children were once usually named for the saint whose day they were born on, but this is less common now.