- 1 [Chemistry/Química] compuesto (masculine)
- 2 (word) palabra (feminine) compuesta
- [number/word/eye/leaf] compuesto compound substance compuesto (masculine)Example sentences
- The new company about to be born will have a compound name.
- When you have two different elements, there are usually only two words in the compound name.
- He did so by combining two complex ideas - or at least two abstract compound nouns - in a new way.
- These specialized plants generally have spike-like compound inflorescences, comprised of paired cymules of tiny flowers that are sessile within succulent free or fused bracts.
- The buckwheat inflorescence is a compound raceme that produces laterally flowered cymose clusters, the number of which was affected by the position of the inflorescence along the main stem.
- The female reproductive structures of flowers are the carpels, which are either free, or are fused to form a compound ovary.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kɑːmˈpaʊnd; kəm-; kəmˈpaʊnd/
- 2 (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) 2.1 (combine) [literary/literario] to be compounded
withsth ir* acompañado dealgo 2.2 (compose, mix) combinar (to be) compounded ofsth (estar*) compuesto dealgo
- 3 (settle by agreement) [debt] ajustar ([ mediante un convenio con los acreedores ])