Traducción de conductor en español:
- 1 [Music/Música] director, (masculine, feminine) (de orquesta)Example sentences
- I met him briefly at an after-concert reception while he was the principal conductor of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
- Mascagni was a competent conductor of orchestral music as well as opera.
- On his first visit to Barenboim, Lang played the Tchaikovsky concerto while the conductor played the orchestra part on a second piano.
- 2 2.1 (on bus) cobrador, (masculine, feminine), guarda (masculine and feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 2.2 (on train) (American English/inglés norteamericano) revisor, (masculine, feminine), cobrador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The conductor sold me the ticket on the train and I got off at Burley in Wharfedale with a load of other people, all dressed in suits as I was.
- Since many commuters do not understand the BMTC's jargon of stage, often, conductors collecting the fare become the target of their ire and abuse.
- There have been calls for the operators to hire conductors because unreliable ticket machines have led to angry passengers missing trams.
- It soon became a group effort as the train conductor and other workers helped move the supplies and eased the job.
- I once had a Chief of Police write the train conductor / engineer a ticket for blocking the main drag in town.
- The assistant conductor from our train went off duty and got on 350 to go back east.
- 3 [Electricity/Electricidad] [Physics/Física] conductor (masculine)Example sentences
- It has a high melting point and is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Lead is not a good conductor of electricity, heat, sound, or vibrations.
- It is one of the best conductors of heat and electricity of all elements.
- Based in south west Scotland and south east England and operating on a national basis, we offer full lightning protection and conductor services.
- This conductor is of the same type and cross-section as the down conductor(s) of the installation.
- Examples of differing installation principles however could be shown where say other European National Standards hold roof conductors away from roof finishes, where in the UK these conductors are laid flat to the finished material.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.