- 1 (plot)to connive (
withsomebody)actuar en complicidad ( conalguien)actuar en connivencia ( conalguien) [formal]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I believe that most public servants like their jobs, believe that they're acting in the public interest, would not consciously assist in or connive in something that was clearly morally wrong, let alone criminal.
- We have handed special advisers immense power by conniving in their attempts to manage the flow of news.
- The accusation that the king aimed at increasing the royal prerogative or deliberately connived at secret influence will not bear scrutiny.
- Married to a multimillionaire, she has hustled, harangued, conspired and connived to get Athens to the finish line.
- And even worse, he may take the weekends to plan and conspire and connive and make sure that he isn't caught when he goes back on his shooting spree during the week.
- They are scheming and conniving and sometimes thoughtlessly cruel, too.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda