- 1 1.1 u (dispute) who was responsible is still in contention todavía se discute quién fue el responsable the matter in contention el asunto en discusión her motives are not in contention nadie pone en tela de juicio sus intencionesMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (competition) he's still in contention for a medal todavía tiene posibilidades de llevarse una medalla she's out of contention in this race en esta carrera no tiene ninguna posibilidad or (AmL tb) chance
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- Another area of much contention is the desired level of channel control sought by the manufacturer.
- The basis for this contention among British doctors seems even more tenuous.
- 2 c (assertion) opinión (f) it is her contention that … ella sostiene que …, a su modo de ver …Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am not saying you do not have arguments against the contentions the applicant would wish to make.
- But to this point, the administration has offered few direct answers to the particular contentions of the critics.
- We say that if it is necessary, the second respondent in its argument has raised a contention.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.