- 1.1 (assert the opposite of) [statement/words/person] contradecir* how dare you contradict me? ¿cómo te atreves a contradecirme? she contradicts everything I say me contradice en todo lo que digo he's always contradicting himself siempre está contradiciéndoseMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (be inconsistent with) [principles/spirit] contradecirse* con their actions contradict their professed intentions sus acciones se contradicen or no son consecuentes con sus intenciones
- That appeared to contradict a statement by the police yesterday morning which flatly denied having offered any compensation to the family.
- However, a healthy body of evidence would appear to contradict my assertion.
- Having other writers to talk to and engage with helps; and if this appears to contradict the statement before, that can't be helped.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I like to oppose and contradict people for the fun of it.
- I could not disagree with him or contradict him without him taking it as a personal attack.
- Even where the facts are there to contradict him, his personal belief is privileged over external evidence.
- The teachers and certain people in the administration are extremely closed-minded to any ideas that conflict or contradict their own.
- These figures, which document an out-of-control war on drugs in the city, contradict the rhetoric we are hearing from all quarters.
- He pointed out, however, that the introduction of minimum buyout prices of grain, as the producers want, is not possible, because it contradicts the market logic.
- contradecir* their stories contradict (each other) sus historias se contradicen
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.