Traducción de control en español:
transitive verb present participle controlling past tense, past participle controlled
- 1 1.1 (command)(country/people/industry)his ambition to control the business
efercer control sobresu ambición de hacerse con el control del negocioOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (regulate)
- The whole point of a blog is that its author controls its content.
- In London, many people defied a request by police to avoid meeting in Trafalgar Square, where authorities often have trouble controlling the rowdier celebrants.
- By controlling influential committees, the Prime Minister can also ensure that he drives the policies of these committees.
controlarOraciones de ejemplo
- Scientists believe they will be able to develop treatments for deafness due to the discovery of the gene they believe controls the process that enables us to hear.
- The researchers' initial goal was to learn what controls this process.
- This aspect of the process was controlled through separate instrumentation.
- 2 2.1 (curb, hold in check)(person/animal)
controlar(disease/fire/vermin)you ought to control that temper of yours!
controlar¡deberías controlar or dominar ese genio!to control oneselfcontrolarse
dominarseOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (manage, steer)
- By tightly controlling your blood sugar levels, intensive insulin therapy can help prevent long-term diabetes complications such as kidney damage.
- Mr Keaney said noise and dust generated by the quarry could be controlled by conditions limiting the hours of operation and the cleaning of the public roads.
- He also called upon the citizens to launch a green revolution to control increasing pollution levels in the City.
controlarOraciones de ejemplo
- In addition to the presidential race, November's election will determine which party controls the next Congress.
- A small number of states could determine which party controls the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.
- If the election is as tight as it promises to be, they could well determine who controls the US Senate.
- 3 (check)(accounts/expenditure)
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (command) to be in control who's in control here?¿quién manda aquí?they were now in complete control of the straitsahora dominaban or controlaban completamente el estrechoto gain control of somethinghacerse con el control de algoto have/lose control of somethingtener/perder el control de algothe firm remains in the family's controlla compañía sigue en manos de or bajo el control de la familiathe zone was under Arab controlla zona estaba bajo el control or el dominio de los árabeswe need only a few more shares to take control of the companysolo necesitamos unas pocas acciones más para hacernos con el control de la compañíaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (ability to control, restrain)
(authority) autoridad (feminine)to be beyond somebody's controlestar fuera del control de alguienproblems which are beyond the government's control
- The fact that they failed to do so was dictated to some degree by events outside their direct control.
- It is doubtful whether he had any particular control over the course of events.
- The director would not have day-to-day control or financial power over the other agencies.
escapar al control de alguienproblemas que escapan al control del gobiernocircumstances beyond our control may lead to delayscircunstancias ajenas a nuestra voluntad pueden ocasionar retrasosshe was in complete control of herself throughouten ningún momento perdió el control or el dominio de sí mismato be out of controlestar fuera de controlto get out of control he brought his anger under controllogró controlar or dominar su irathe epidemic is under control she struggled to keep the horse under controlluchó para mantener al caballo bajo controlhe lost control of the horseperdió el control del caballohe lost control of himself
el caballo se le desmandóperdió el control or el dominio de sí mismohe lost control of the car
perdió los estribos
se descontrolóperdió el control del cocheOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Parked cars were damaged when the driver of a car lost control on a roundabout and collided with them yesterday.
- It is understood that around 10 am, the driver of the car lost control after colliding with a lorry.
- Last December a car lost control and hit the wall near the village hall.
- He says that no matter how tough these guys appear there often comes a time when they lose control of their emotions.
- Sometimes I think that it would be good to be one of those people who are in total control of their emotions.
- She knew she was losing control over her emotions.
- 2 uncountable and countable (regulation, restriction)control(s)
on/ ofsomethingcontrol (masculine)arms control wage control(s) dealgoregulación (feminine) salarial or de salariosprice control(s)control (masculine) de preciosOraciones de ejemplo
- The market will become unfettered by regulation - the modest controls on the internet to protect consumers, for example, are to be dumped on the grounds that they impose burdens on business.
- The department, which is responsible for official controls on animal feed, did not disclose where the contaminated premixture was found.
- In the 1920s the state imposed controls on freight charges.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (knob, switch)botón (masculine) de controlthe volume/tone control
control (masculine)el botón or control del volumen/tonoOraciones de ejemplo3.2
also: controls plural(of vehicle)mandos (masculine plural)
- Even the cheapest alarms have an on/off switch and a volume control, something that many people seem to forget.
- Voice dialling and other key phone functions can be activated using the vehicles' steering wheel controls.
- Many complain that the modern car is home to a confusing and unnecessary multitude of buttons, switches and controls.
- 4 4.1 (headquarters) (no article)Oraciones de ejemplo4.2 countable (checkpoint)
- All this means is that passport control can verify that you are who you say you are.
- In the shop after passport control, some goods were being sold at high-street prices.
- If you get your visa in the UK before you go, you can skip this queue, go direct to passport control and be first in the baggage reclaim queue.
- 5 countable (in experiment) (before noun) control experimentexperimento (masculine) de controlcontrol groupOraciones de ejemplo
- Intact leaves selected the evening before the experiments served as controls.
- Compared with controls, significant results remained for deliberate self-harm in moderately and severely victimized individuals.
- Dr Duncan found that only one of the groups, the third group, showed any apparent effect in comparison with the control group.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda