noun/nombre (plural coronae /kəˈrəʊniː/)
- 1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] corona (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With the face of the Sun blocked by the Moon during a solar eclipse, the corona shines with the brightness of a full Moon.
- As the brilliant Sun is covered by the Moon, the pearly corona flashes into view, the sky darkens, and all of nature seems to come to a halt.
- Like the chromosphere, the corona can only be seen by eye during a total eclipse, although there are other technical ways to observe it between times.
- Another effect that is caused by the interaction of the sun and water droplets, is the corona.
- But the corona owes its origin to diffraction rather than refraction.
- A circle around the sun or moon that is smaller than a halo with a 22-degree radius, is probably a corona.
- 2 (of skull, tooth) corona (feminine)