Traducción de counsel en español:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (advice) [formal or liter] to hold/take counsel with somebodylet's hope that wiser counsels may prevailasesorarse or aconsejarse con alguiena counsel of perfectionesperemos que impere el buen sentidoto keep one's own counselun ideal imposibleOraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable
also: plural counsel (no article)(Law)counsel for the defenseabogado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)counsel for the prosecutionabogado defensor, (abogada defensora) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- As for the European Union, the situation is really bad, though wiser counsels may prevail in the next week or so.
- In fact, this is only one of many wise counsels to the cautious buyer who fears being landed with a freshly minted or happily married antique.
- To the spiritually minded he was rich in wise counsels.
- Your role as a defence counsel is to fearlessly advocate for the person you are representing.
- In other words, the efforts of the defence counsel on a partial indemnity basis are justified.
- Defence counsel and the accused waive this date for jury selection and trial.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
- 1.1 [formal] to counsel somebody to +
infinitive1.2 (Psychology, Sch)aconsejarle a alguien que+ subjunctiveOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I would expect police officers to counsel the drivers on what is to be acquired.
- In these new circumstances, he has counselled writers and intellectuals to be cautious.
- In fact, she was counseled to remove her ear hoop for the forum, but she refused.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If professionals fail to counsel patients in the way recognized by their peers as appropriate they may be negligent.
- His wife is a psychologist who counsels cancer patients for a living.
- She estimated that she's counselled about 400 people, almost all of them women, since founding the organisation.
- In fact, commanders counselled caution and warned that hasty judgements by the media would be premature!
- The national development agency's study, which counselled caution, examined housing prices in 35 cities and urged authorities to prevent developing price distortions.
- At most it counsels caution, prudence and a little more scepticism.
intransitive verb (British English) -ll-
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.