Traducción de counsel en español:
- 1 uncountable and countable (advice) (formal or literary) to hold/take counsel with somebodyasesorarse or aconsejarse con alguienlet's hope that wiser counsels may prevailesperemos que impere el buen sentidoa counsel of perfectionun ideal imposibleto keep one's own counselOraciones de ejemplo
- As for the European Union, the situation is really bad, though wiser counsels may prevail in the next week or so.
- In fact, this is only one of many wise counsels to the cautious buyer who fears being landed with a freshly minted or happily married antique.
- To the spiritually minded he was rich in wise counsels.
- 2 countableplural counsel (no article)(Law) counsel for the defense counsel for the prosecutionOraciones de ejemplo
- Your role as a defence counsel is to fearlessly advocate for the person you are representing.
- In other words, the efforts of the defence counsel on a partial indemnity basis are justified.
- Defence counsel and the accused waive this date for jury selection and trial.
transitive verb (British) counselling counselled
- 1 [formal] to counsel somebody to +
infinitiveaconsejarle a alguien que+ subjunctiveOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I would expect police officers to counsel the drivers on what is to be acquired.
- In these new circumstances, he has counselled writers and intellectuals to be cautious.
- In fact, she was counseled to remove her ear hoop for the forum, but she refused.
- In fact, commanders counselled caution and warned that hasty judgements by the media would be premature!
- The national development agency's study, which counselled caution, examined housing prices in 35 cities and urged authorities to prevent developing price distortions.
- At most it counsels caution, prudence and a little more scepticism.
- 2 (Psychology, School)Oraciones de ejemplo
- If professionals fail to counsel patients in the way recognized by their peers as appropriate they may be negligent.
- His wife is a psychologist who counsels cancer patients for a living.
- She estimated that she's counselled about 400 people, almost all of them women, since founding the organisation.
intransitive verb (British) counselling counselled
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda