Traducción de country en español:
noun/nombre (plural -tries)
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (nation) país (masculine) 1.2 (people) pueblo (masculine) to go to the country (British English/inglés británico) [Politics/Política] consultar al electorado, llamar or convocar* (a) eleccionesOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (native land) patria (feminine) to fight for one's country luchar por su ( or mi etc) patria
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Let's leave motorists alone and concentrate on the many other problems within the borough and the country as a whole.
- Incentives and discipline work together to secure a desirable outcome for the country as a whole.
- Over the past 12 months, the country as a whole has seen a series of appalling incidents involving guns.
- It is more than four times what all the European Union countries together spend on arms.
- He also wants European states to slash aid to the poor countries that refugees flee from.
- In some ways it seems like a better option for some countries to turn to democracy.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (rural area) the country el campo they live in the country viven en el campo across country a campo traviesa, a campo través (before noun/delante del nombre) [life] rural; [people] del campo; [cottage] de campo country lane camino (masculine) rural country park parque (masculine) periurbano country road carretera (feminine) rural country town población (feminine) ruralOraciones de ejemplo
- Then he said they had died in a gun battle with soldiers on a country road outside the capital.
- Shoppers, workers and students we spoke to complained of the country roads outside the town.
- It is vitally important that the people here are united in this thrust to depopulate the country area.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (region) terreno (masculine), territorio (masculine) unknown/familiar country terreno desconocido/conocido cattle-farming country región (feminine) ganadera it's good walking country es una zona buena para el excursionismoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a wild and woolly country which drew me in and one that continues to find new ways to embrace me.
- But his true appeal lies in his own personal evocation of wild country.
- It was a wild, rugged country that used horses and carts for transport and grew wheat in their fields.
- A farming family in Herriot country is offering death with dignity for all creatures great and small.
- Once you arrive at D.H. Lawrence Country you can begin to enjoy the Lawrence countryside which he referred to as ‘The Country of my Heart’.
- This area is also famous as Macbeth Country, and the The Birnam Wood, made famous by the witches' prophesy in Shakespeare's MacBeth, is on the south bank of the River Tay.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable [Music/Música] (música (feminine)) country (masculine) to play/sing country tocar*/cantar (música) country
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.