Traducción de country en español:
noun/nombre (plural -tries)
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (nation) país (masculine) 1.2 (people) pueblo (masculine) to go to the country (British English/inglés británico) [Politics/Política] consultar al electorado, llamar or convocar* (a) eleccionesExample sentences1.3 (native land) patria (feminine) to fight for one's country luchar por su ( or mi etc) patria
- Let's leave motorists alone and concentrate on the many other problems within the borough and the country as a whole.
- Incentives and discipline work together to secure a desirable outcome for the country as a whole.
- Over the past 12 months, the country as a whole has seen a series of appalling incidents involving guns.
- It is more than four times what all the European Union countries together spend on arms.
- He also wants European states to slash aid to the poor countries that refugees flee from.
- In some ways it seems like a better option for some countries to turn to democracy.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (rural area) the country el campo they live in the country viven en el campo across country a campo traviesa, a campo través (before noun/delante del nombre) [life] rural; [people] del campo; [cottage] de campo country lane camino (masculine) rural country park parque (masculine) periurbano country road carretera (feminine) rural country town población (feminine) ruralExample sentences
- Then he said they had died in a gun battle with soldiers on a country road outside the capital.
- Shoppers, workers and students we spoke to complained of the country roads outside the town.
- It is vitally important that the people here are united in this thrust to depopulate the country area.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (region) terreno (masculine), territorio (masculine) unknown/familiar country terreno desconocido/conocido cattle-farming country región (feminine) ganadera it's good walking country es una zona buena para el excursionismoExample sentences
- It is a wild and woolly country which drew me in and one that continues to find new ways to embrace me.
- But his true appeal lies in his own personal evocation of wild country.
- It was a wild, rugged country that used horses and carts for transport and grew wheat in their fields.
- A farming family in Herriot country is offering death with dignity for all creatures great and small.
- Once you arrive at D.H. Lawrence Country you can begin to enjoy the Lawrence countryside which he referred to as ‘The Country of my Heart’.
- This area is also famous as Macbeth Country, and the The Birnam Wood, made famous by the witches' prophesy in Shakespeare's MacBeth, is on the south bank of the River Tay.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable [Music/Música] (música (feminine)) country (masculine) to play/sing country tocar*/cantar (música) country
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.