Traducción de country en español:
noun plural countries
- 1 countable 1.1 (nation)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (people) to go to the country (British English) (Politics)
consultar al electorado
- It is more than four times what all the European Union countries together spend on arms.
- He also wants European states to slash aid to the poor countries that refugees flee from.
- In some ways it seems like a better option for some countries to turn to democracy.
llamar or convocar (a) eleccionesOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (native land) to fight for one's country
luchar por su ( or mi etc) patria
- Let's leave motorists alone and concentrate on the many other problems within the borough and the country as a whole.
- Incentives and discipline work together to secure a desirable outcome for the country as a whole.
- Over the past 12 months, the country as a whole has seen a series of appalling incidents involving guns.
- 2 uncountable (rural area) the country they live in the country across countrya campo traviesa
a campo través(before noun) (life)
del campo(cottage)country lane
de campocamino (masculine) ruralcountry parkparque (masculine) periurbanocountry roadcarretera (feminine) ruralcountry townpoblación (feminine) ruralOraciones de ejemplo
- Then he said they had died in a gun battle with soldiers on a country road outside the capital.
- Shoppers, workers and students we spoke to complained of the country roads outside the town.
- It is vitally important that the people here are united in this thrust to depopulate the country area.
- 3 uncountable (region) unknown/familiar countryterreno desconocido/conocidocattle-farming countryregión (feminine) ganaderait's good walking countryes una zona buena para el excursionismoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a wild and woolly country which drew me in and one that continues to find new ways to embrace me.
- But his true appeal lies in his own personal evocation of wild country.
- It was a wild, rugged country that used horses and carts for transport and grew wheat in their fields.
- A farming family in Herriot country is offering death with dignity for all creatures great and small.
- Once you arrive at D.H. Lawrence Country you can begin to enjoy the Lawrence countryside which he referred to as ‘The Country of my Heart’.
- This area is also famous as Macbeth Country, and the The Birnam Wood, made famous by the witches' prophesy in Shakespeare's MacBeth, is on the south bank of the River Tay.
- 4 uncountable (Music)country (masculine)to play/sing country
música (feminine) countrytocar/cantar (música) country
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda