- 1 1.1 (two people) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) pareja (feminine) a married couple un matrimonio the happy couple los recién casados, los noviosMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fish were making their presence felt in every pool, including a couple of double figured salmon.
- As the title suggests, this unlikely duo plays a couple of struggling actors.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2
- In the case of pair skaters and ice dance couples, one of the two individuals must fulfill the same requirement as for a singles skater.
- Lucky couples on the dance floor walked away with more than a dozen prizes during the course of the night.
- The couple danced many classical roles together, as well as pas de deux that Nixon choreographed.
(plural couple)(in hunting) (British English/inglés británico) pareja (feminine) de perros
- When we had left the hotel, I had felt like we were a married couple on our honeymoon.
- Congratulations are extended to the newly married couple and their families.
- I mean when you think about it, we really are like this old married couple.
- 2 (two or small number) a couple (of sth) (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) un par (de algo) can you lend me a couple of pounds? ¿puedes prestarme un par de libras? I think he'd had a couple [colloquial/familiar] [euphemistic/eufemístico] creo que tenía unas copas de más [colloquial/familiar] [euphemistic/eufemístico] a couple hundred books (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] unos doscientos libros a couple hours (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] unas dos horas
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (connect) [cars] [Railways/Ferrocarriles] enganchar; [circuits] conectar; [theories/events] asociar to couple sth/sb
withsth/sb asociar algo/a algn conalgo/algn 1.2 (combine) (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva)to couple sth withsth the fall in demand, coupled with competition from abroad el descenso de la demanda, unido a la competencia extranjera
Verbos con partícula
couple upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento enganchar
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to