Traducción de couple en español:
- 1 1.1 (two people) (+ singular or plural verb) a married coupleun matrimoniothe happy couplelos recién casados
los noviosOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fish were making their presence felt in every pool, including a couple of double figured salmon.
- As the title suggests, this unlikely duo plays a couple of struggling actors.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2
- In the case of pair skaters and ice dance couples, one of the two individuals must fulfill the same requirement as for a singles skater.
- Lucky couples on the dance floor walked away with more than a dozen prizes during the course of the night.
- The couple danced many classical roles together, as well as pas de deux that Nixon choreographed.
plural couple(in hunting) (British English)pareja (feminine) de perros
- When we had left the hotel, I had felt like we were a married couple on our honeymoon.
- Congratulations are extended to the newly married couple and their families.
- I mean when you think about it, we really are like this old married couple.
- 2 (two or small number) a couple (of something) (+ plural verb)un par (de algo)can you lend me a couple of pounds?¿puedes prestarme un par de libras?I think he'd had a couple [colloquial] [euphemistic]creo que tenía unas copas de más [colloquial] [euphemistic]a couple hundred books (American English) [colloquial]unos doscientos librosa couple hours (American English) [colloquial]unas dos horas
- 1 (connect) (cars) (Railways)(circuits)
conectar(theories/events)to couple something/somebody
withsomething/somebodyasociar algo/a alguien conalgo/alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- This done, the brand-new C&O dynamometer car was coupled on, and the tests began in May 1929.
- When two cars are coupled together there is a two or three scale foot gap between the diaphragms.
- The faster journeys would be achieved by cutting the number of times that trains have to be coupled and decoupled, a job that can take precious minutes.
- 2 (combine) (often passive) to couple something
withsomethingthe fall in demand, coupled with competition from abroadel descenso de la demanda, unido a la competencia extranjeraOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They work in fixed teams, where know-how is coupled with team work to provide the best possible service.
- The frequent power cuts have also compounded the problems for them and when it is coupled with the steep hike in prices, people feel that they have been caught between devil and deep sea.
- The roots of jazz date back to around the 1890s when a blend of African music from the slaves on the plantations was coupled with European-American musical traditions.
- Why is everyone coupling up and heading off to get naked?
- I was crying every day, I was calling in sick to work and I couldn't face meeting up with my friends who were all blissfully coupled up.
- Aimed at singletons and those who are happily coupled up but want to meet new people, the night is a cross between speed-dating and a book club, aimed at those in their 20s to 40s.
- (copulate)aparearseOraciones de ejemplo
- In the city of a million hovels, a million lovers coupled to the signs of the seasons.
- When a courted female permits mating, the pair remain coupled, end to end, for many hours, even a day.
- Then, when they coupled, he felt his very bones melting within his body.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda