Traducción de court en español:
- 1 (Law) 1.1 (tribunal) to appear in courtcomparecer ante el tribunal or los tribunalesI'll see you in court!¡te voy a demandar!to go to courtacudir a los tribunalesto take something to courtllevar algo a los tribunalesto take somebody to courtdemandar a alguienin open court
llevar a alguien a juicioen audiencia públicathe court is adjourned the court will risepónganse de pieto laugh somebody/something out of courtreírse de alguien/algoI'd be laughed out of courtse reirían de míto rule something out of courtrechazar algo de plano(before noun) court action court hearing court official court proceedingsOraciones de ejemplo1.2out of courtto settle out of court
transigir extrajudicialmente(before noun) an out-of-court settlement
- By June this year, the Task Force had successfully commenced 17 criminal prosecutions in the courts of law with only three of the prosecuted cases falling through.
- Even in a court of law the judge accepts my expert witness opinion without adulteration or hesitation, and you are not beyond the courts.
- It is inherent in the proper conduct of judicial proceedings in a court of law.
llegar a una transacción extrajudicialuna transacción or un arreglo extrajudicial1.3 (building)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Visits to police stations, jails, courts and offices of the Human Rights Commission and Women's Commission will be part of the functions.
- I met Catherine at the courts after lunch, both of us dreading the hours of grading and drills.
- In the escort service, the police's main role was to supervise the transfer of remand prisoners between police stations and courts.
- The body was found at a house in St Nicholas Court.
- The company started out at Isabella Court in Pickering and Phylward House in Harrogate.
- Ronnie was the first in the band to buy it and we listened to it over and over at his Earl's Court flat.
- 2 2.1 (of sovereign) at courten la cortethe Court of St Jamesla Corona Británicato hold court (sovereign)recibir a la cortehe was holding court in the barestaba en el pub rodeado de admiradoresto pay court to somebody [dated]rendirle homenaje a alguienmany young men paid court to hermuchos jóvenes le hacían la corteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (palace)
- The expansion of trade along the Thames, and the broadening power of the royal court led to a London property boom.
- They also transacted business for the imperial court and were awarded ranks and privileges.
- Leonardo clearly believed that wealth, patronage, and political power lay in the courts to the east of mainland Europe.
- He also continued his law career taking up residence at the courts of Mainz before 1670.
- The re-established papacy soon transferred its court to the Vatican Palace.
- Red deer, along with various wildfowl and fish, were all important elements in the menus of the royal court of Henry VIII.
- 3 (Sport) they've been on court for two hoursllevan dos horas jugandooff courtfuera de la cancha (Latin America) or (Spain) de la pistaOraciones de ejemplo
- Leisure facilities include gym, spa (with sauna and steam bath), jogging track, tennis and squash courts.
- The hotel has it's own private beach, gym, tennis squash and badminton courts.
- The Centre has four squash courts and also boasts saunas, a steam room and sunbeds, a crèche, a gym and an aerobics studio.
- 4 (courtyard)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vaulted archways lead to shaded courts, while gardens surround the buildings on all sides.
- Traditional Cambridge colleges, modelled on monastic cloisters, consist of courts surrounded by walls of individual rooms.
- The most important room on view is the Harem, a compound of around 300 shining tiled chambers on several levels, connected by arcaded courts and fountain gardens.
- 1 (woo) (girl) [dated]cortejar [dated]hacerle la corte a [dated]she was being courted by a young officerun joven oficial la cortejaba or le hacía la cortethe party is courting the youth voteel partido está tratando de ganarse el voto jovenOraciones de ejemplo
- I was attractive, at least that is what the suitors would say when they came with the intentions of courting me.
- Memories flood her mind bringing back images of the man who had once besotted her, courted her and married her, of the man who became her heart and soul.
- She watched her older sisters be courted and then married, and she began emulating them at an early age.
- 2 (seek)(danger/fame/favor)
buscar(disaster)he's courting death
exponerse aestá tentando al destinoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although happy to be given the retrospective collection, she didn't court the attention.
- Well, these bags have been courting attention this past fortnight or so.
- But let's not forget that she courted attention herself.
- So he courted his own fate, he was tricked by an extremely sophisticated ruse and met his death.
- The size and volume of forms and the amount of tax law an individual is expected to comprehend courts the risk that tax evasion will see a quantum leap.
- But public service broadcasting is about making mistakes, taking risks and courting unpopularity.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda