Traducción de court en español:
- 1 (Law) 1.1 (tribunal) to appear in courtI'll see you in court!comparecer ante el tribunal or los tribunalesto go to court¡te voy a demandar!to take something to courtacudir a los tribunalesto take somebody to courtllevar algo a los tribunalesin open courtdemandar a alguienllevar a alguien a juiciothe court is adjourned the court will riseen audiencia públicato laugh somebody/something out of courtpónganse de pieI'd be laughed out of courtreírse de alguien/algoto rule something out of courtse reirían de mí(before noun) court action court hearing court official court proceedingsrechazar algo de planoOraciones de ejemplo1.2out of courtto settle out of court
(before noun) an out-of-court settlementtransigir extrajudicialmentellegar a una transacción extrajudicial1.3 (building)una transacción or un arreglo extrajudicialOraciones de ejemplo
- By June this year, the Task Force had successfully commenced 17 criminal prosecutions in the courts of law with only three of the prosecuted cases falling through.
- Even in a court of law the judge accepts my expert witness opinion without adulteration or hesitation, and you are not beyond the courts.
- It is inherent in the proper conduct of judicial proceedings in a court of law.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Visits to police stations, jails, courts and offices of the Human Rights Commission and Women's Commission will be part of the functions.
- I met Catherine at the courts after lunch, both of us dreading the hours of grading and drills.
- In the escort service, the police's main role was to supervise the transfer of remand prisoners between police stations and courts.
- The body was found at a house in St Nicholas Court.
- The company started out at Isabella Court in Pickering and Phylward House in Harrogate.
- Ronnie was the first in the band to buy it and we listened to it over and over at his Earl's Court flat.
- 2 2.1 (of sovereign) at courtthe Court of St Jamesen la corteto hold court (sovereign)la Corona Británicahe was holding court in the barrecibir a la corteto pay court to somebody [dated]estaba en el pub rodeado de admiradoresmany young men paid court to herrendirle homenaje a alguien2.2 (palace)muchos jóvenes le hacían la corteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He also continued his law career taking up residence at the courts of Mainz before 1670.
- The re-established papacy soon transferred its court to the Vatican Palace.
- Red deer, along with various wildfowl and fish, were all important elements in the menus of the royal court of Henry VIII.
- The expansion of trade along the Thames, and the broadening power of the royal court led to a London property boom.
- They also transacted business for the imperial court and were awarded ranks and privileges.
- Leonardo clearly believed that wealth, patronage, and political power lay in the courts to the east of mainland Europe.
- 3 (Sport) they've been on court for two hoursoff courtllevan dos horas jugandofuera de la cancha (Latin America) or (Spain) de la pistaOraciones de ejemplo
- Leisure facilities include gym, spa (with sauna and steam bath), jogging track, tennis and squash courts.
- The hotel has it's own private beach, gym, tennis squash and badminton courts.
- The Centre has four squash courts and also boasts saunas, a steam room and sunbeds, a crèche, a gym and an aerobics studio.
- 4 (courtyard)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vaulted archways lead to shaded courts, while gardens surround the buildings on all sides.
- Traditional Cambridge colleges, modelled on monastic cloisters, consist of courts surrounded by walls of individual rooms.
- The most important room on view is the Harem, a compound of around 300 shining tiled chambers on several levels, connected by arcaded courts and fountain gardens.
- 1.1 (woo) (girl) [dated]she was being courted by a young officerhacerle la corte a [anticuado]the party is courting the youth voteun joven oficial la cortejaba or le hacía la corte1.2 (seek)el partido está tratando de ganarse el voto joven(danger/fame/favor)(disaster)he's courting deathexponerse aestá tentando al destinoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although happy to be given the retrospective collection, she didn't court the attention.
- Well, these bags have been courting attention this past fortnight or so.
- But let's not forget that she courted attention herself.
- So he courted his own fate, he was tricked by an extremely sophisticated ruse and met his death.
- The size and volume of forms and the amount of tax law an individual is expected to comprehend courts the risk that tax evasion will see a quantum leap.
- But public service broadcasting is about making mistakes, taking risks and courting unpopularity.
- they've been courting for a year nowllevan ya un año de relaciones or de noviazgo or (Chile) [colloquial] de pololeoOraciones de ejemplo
- I was attractive, at least that is what the suitors would say when they came with the intentions of courting me.
- Memories flood her mind bringing back images of the man who had once besotted her, courted her and married her, of the man who became her heart and soul.
- She watched her older sisters be courted and then married, and she began emulating them at an early age.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than