Traducción de court en español:
- 1 (Law) 1.1 (tribunal) to appear in courtcomparecer ante el tribunal or los tribunalesI'll see you in court!¡te voy a demandar!to go to courtacudir a los tribunalesto take something to courtllevar algo a los tribunalesto take somebody to courtdemandar a alguienin open court
llevar a alguien a juicioen audiencia públicathe court is adjourned the court will risepónganse de pieto laugh somebody/something out of courtreírse de alguien/algoI'd be laughed out of courtse reirían de míto rule something out of courtrechazar algo de plano(before noun) court action court hearing court officialfuncionario (-ria) (masculine, feminine) del juzgadocourt proceedingsOraciones de ejemplo1.2out of courtto settle out of court
transigir extrajudicialmente(before noun) an out-of-court settlement
- By June this year, the Task Force had successfully commenced 17 criminal prosecutions in the courts of law with only three of the prosecuted cases falling through.
- Even in a court of law the judge accepts my expert witness opinion without adulteration or hesitation, and you are not beyond the courts.
- It is inherent in the proper conduct of judicial proceedings in a court of law.
llegar a una transacción extrajudicialuna transacción or un arreglo extrajudicial1.3 (building)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Visits to police stations, jails, courts and offices of the Human Rights Commission and Women's Commission will be part of the functions.
- I met Catherine at the courts after lunch, both of us dreading the hours of grading and drills.
- In the escort service, the police's main role was to supervise the transfer of remand prisoners between police stations and courts.
- The body was found at a house in St Nicholas Court.
- The company started out at Isabella Court in Pickering and Phylward House in Harrogate.
- Ronnie was the first in the band to buy it and we listened to it over and over at his Earl's Court flat.
- 2 2.1 (of sovereign) at courten la cortethe Court of St Jamesla Corona Británicato hold court (sovereign)recibir a la cortehe was holding court in the barestaba en el pub rodeado de admiradoresto pay court to somebody [dated]rendirle homenaje a alguienmany young men paid court to hermuchos jóvenes le hacían la corteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (palace)
- The expansion of trade along the Thames, and the broadening power of the royal court led to a London property boom.
- They also transacted business for the imperial court and were awarded ranks and privileges.
- Leonardo clearly believed that wealth, patronage, and political power lay in the courts to the east of mainland Europe.
- He also continued his law career taking up residence at the courts of Mainz before 1670.
- The re-established papacy soon transferred its court to the Vatican Palace.
- Red deer, along with various wildfowl and fish, were all important elements in the menus of the royal court of Henry VIII.
- 3 (Sport) they've been on court for two hoursllevan dos horas jugandooff courtfuera de la cancha (Latin America)fuera de la pista (Spain)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Leisure facilities include gym, spa (with sauna and steam bath), jogging track, tennis and squash courts.
- The hotel has it's own private beach, gym, tennis squash and badminton courts.
- The Centre has four squash courts and also boasts saunas, a steam room and sunbeds, a crèche, a gym and an aerobics studio.
- 4 (courtyard)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vaulted archways lead to shaded courts, while gardens surround the buildings on all sides.
- Traditional Cambridge colleges, modelled on monastic cloisters, consist of courts surrounded by walls of individual rooms.
- The most important room on view is the Harem, a compound of around 300 shining tiled chambers on several levels, connected by arcaded courts and fountain gardens.
- 1 (woo) (girl) [dated]cortejar [dated]hacerle la corte a [dated]she was being courted by a young officerun joven oficial la cortejaba or le hacía la cortethe party is courting the youth voteel partido está tratando de ganarse el voto jovenOraciones de ejemplo
- I was attractive, at least that is what the suitors would say when they came with the intentions of courting me.
- Memories flood her mind bringing back images of the man who had once besotted her, courted her and married her, of the man who became her heart and soul.
- She watched her older sisters be courted and then married, and she began emulating them at an early age.
- 2 (seek)(danger/fame/favor)
buscar(disaster)he's courting death
exponerse aestá tentando al destinoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although happy to be given the retrospective collection, she didn't court the attention.
- Well, these bags have been courting attention this past fortnight or so.
- But let's not forget that she courted attention herself.
- So he courted his own fate, he was tricked by an extremely sophisticated ruse and met his death.
- The size and volume of forms and the amount of tax law an individual is expected to comprehend courts the risk that tax evasion will see a quantum leap.
- But public service broadcasting is about making mistakes, taking risks and courting unpopularity.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda