Traducción de crop en español:
- 1 1.1 (quantity of produce) to harvest a crop this rain will be good for the cropsesta lluvia les vendrá bien a los cultivosOraciones de ejemplo1.2
(type of produce)crop spraying1.3 (batch) [colloquial] this year's crop of studentsfumigación (feminine) de cultivosla tanda de estudiantes de este añoOraciones de ejemplo
- He was harvesting the crops, and had gathered in his arms a large bundle of corn.
- When the crop was harvested, pesticide residues were found to exceed the legal limit.
- They have to harvest the crop with almost military precision and at a pace almost as hectic as war.
- Every season, first books appear by a crop of new writers worthy of ink and paper.
- The president's advisors will be worried by the latest crop of polls which appear to indicate a groundswell of dissatisfaction with their man.
- The new crop of boats appears to be designed and built by committee, the accountants and people with no practical experience.
- 2 (haircut)corte (masculine) de pelo muy cortoOraciones de ejemplo
- Buns, twists, chignons and hair knots generally work for most hair types, textures and lengths except super short chops and crops.
- While I was eating, my mom fussed with my short crop of red hair.
- Her back was turned to me, so I could only see her short crop of black hair and the red mantle she wore.
- 3also: riding crop3.1 3.2 (handle of whip)mango (masculine) de una fustaOraciones de ejemplo
- Flipping back one of the exercise mats, he revealed a selection of whips, canes and crops.
transitive verb -pp-
- 1 (cut)(hair)cortar muy corto(tail/ears)he had a lean face and cropped haircropped jacket (British English)tenía el rostro enjuto y el pelo muy cortoto crop grasschaqueta (feminine) cortaOraciones de ejemplo
- Her blond hair was cropped short and framed her face.
- He had short cropped blonde hair and friendly ice blue eyes.
- Her blonde hair was cropped even shorter and her aquamarine eyes were not red rimmed like Julia's.
- 2 2.1 (harvest) 2.2 (plant)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Set-aside payments will not help the farmer much because the subsidy is the same as if it had been cropped, but without the actual crop to sell.
- It should be farmers' priority in Zambia to cut cotton stalks immediately after cropping if they are to avoid serious infestation of pests and diseases and achieve better yields.
- First earlies are planted between the end of March and early April and take about 100 days before cropping.
intransitive verb -pp-
- (Agriculture)darseOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Southeastern soils have been intensively cropped and are prone to drought and erosion.
- Virtually all land is double cropped, and many farmers cultivate three or four crops a year.
- Land must be cropped in order to pay the bills.
- Raspberries continue to crop heavily too, but there aren't that many left now.
- If planted in April 1990, they will crop in the summer of 1990, 1991 and 1992.
- I always like to sow some broad beans in autumn to have something growing in the veg plot over winter, and they usually crop earlier than the spring-sown ones.
Verbos con partícula
- 1 (Geology) 2 (occur, present itself) [colloquial] if anything interesting crops up
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.