Traducción de curve en español:
- 1.1 (bend) curva (feminine) to be ahead of/behind the curve estar a la vanguardia/a la retaguardia to throw sb a curve (American English/inglés norteamericano) agarrar or (especially Spain/especialmente España) coger* a algn desprevenidoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (contour) curva (feminine)
- Light from the street lamps would wrap around the compact space, following the natural curves.
- To his greatest regret later in life, he never published an account of the method that allowed the computation of areas, lengths of curves, tangents, and maxima and minima of functions.
- And the length of the curve is again a discontinuous function of the starting point.
- The collision occurred when the driver lost control of the vehicle at a curve in the road while attempting to avoid the Federal Border Guard.
- Each turn around Pacific Cove's many winding curves revealed smaller roads and hairpin turns.
- Figure 5 provides an illustration of the corner tracking-error issue when negotiating a curve in a road.
Example sentences1.3 (on graph) curva (feminine) the Laffer curve la curva Laffer
- For now, you could throw a T-shirt over your bikini, shop for a swimsuit that downplays your curves or figure out where you could enjoy a girls-only swim.
- Her figures now show off curves as well as angles, and include touches of Impressionism as they pose, row boats and toddle babies across sandy beaches.
- Her body with its generous curves still followed its own limpid rhythms and her long braid with its colourful Patiala parandis moved slowly to and fro upon that impregnable behind.
- The graphs are likelihood curves of population growth rate when the population size estimate is at its maximum-likelihood value.
- From the fact that Newton uses the letter v for the ordinate, it may be inferred that Newton is thinking of the curve as being a graph of velocity against time.
- This measures the difference between the areas under the curve of a graph of actual distribution of cumulative income and one indicating equality of income distribution.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.