- 1 (moisten) humedecer*, mojarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Anyway, leaving aside the benefit of a cat you can talk at, it wasn't long before the first misty wave of light rain swept across, dampening the pavement and making the grass think it was holiday time at last.
- Little rivulets of wetness ran down my flesh onto the dirty blanket dampening it.
- I turned on the water faucet in the tub slightly and dampened the washcloth.
- 2 (discourage) [hopes] hacer* perder; [enthusiasm] hacer* perder, apagar* to dampen sb's spirits desanimar or desmoralizar* or desalentar* a algnMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The strong demand was not dampened by the fact that the Walshestown Abbey development is the most expensive residential development yet in the town.
- In an effort to dampen down suggestions that Straw had been utterly humiliated, his closest allies insisted yesterday that he had been making it known for some time that he was ready for a switch from the Foreign Office.
- It is possible they could dampen down the rocketing prices of real estate.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.