Traducción de dampen en español:
- 1 (moisten)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Anyway, leaving aside the benefit of a cat you can talk at, it wasn't long before the first misty wave of light rain swept across, dampening the pavement and making the grass think it was holiday time at last.
- Little rivulets of wetness ran down my flesh onto the dirty blanket dampening it.
- I turned on the water faucet in the tub slightly and dampened the washcloth.
- 2 (discourage)(hopes)hacer perder(enthusiasm)to dampen somebody's spiritshacer perderdesanimar or desmoralizar or desalentar a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- The strong demand was not dampened by the fact that the Walshestown Abbey development is the most expensive residential development yet in the town.
- In an effort to dampen down suggestions that Straw had been utterly humiliated, his closest allies insisted yesterday that he had been making it known for some time that he was ready for a switch from the Foreign Office.
- It is possible they could dampen down the rocketing prices of real estate.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.