- 1.1 (of piano) sordina (feminine) to put a damper on sth [colloquial/familiar] the bad news put a damper on the celebrations/their hopes la mala noticia estropeó las fiestas/ les hizo perder esperanzas if he turns up, it'll put a damper on the entire evening si aparece, nos amargará la noche or nos va a aguar la fiestaMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (of chimney) regulador (masculine) de tiro
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The basic notes of Philip Glass's music are very few and usually surrounded by a haze of the overtones created by the damper pedal of the piano.
- When a pianist actually looks at the damper action while pedaling, or watches the hammers strike the string for only a split second, her body will shift to a more kinesthetic, intuitive and efficient mode.
- During performance, most students will need to stand while depressing the damper pedal to access the interior of the piano.
- Airflow into the base of the flue and out of the top is regulated by dampers controlled by the building management system, which also controls airflow from the building into the flue.
- They also should have electrically operated dampers to limit and control the amount of outside air entering the return side of the air handler.
- Check the seal on the flue damper and make it as snug as possible.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)