Traducción de dash en español:
- 1 (sudden movement) (no plural) to make a dash for safety/shelterhe made a dash for freedomcorrer a ponerse a salvo/a cobijarseeveryone made a dash for the exitintentó escaparseto make a dash for it [colloquial]todos se precipitaron hacia la salidasalir a toda mecha [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The new initiative comes just months after a defendant leapt over the dock at Southend court and made a dash for freedom.
- I made a dash for the door, and as I did I triggered the electronic video sensors at the store entrance, which wailed tumultuously as I broke out onto the street.
- I autographed some books, including McTeer's, posed for a few photos, and, running late for my plane, made a dash for the exit.
- 2 countable (small amount) a dash of vinegara dash of pepperun poquito or unas gotas de vinagrea dash of milkuna pizca de pimientadark hair with a dash of greyun chorrito de lechepelo (masculine) entrecanoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Develop/wash in a flat-bottomed tray containing water with a dash of washing-up liquid added.
- The dip, composed of vinegar, a splash of soy sauce and a dash of red chili, could use a certain extra something to give it more of a zing, as the roll was in need of a little something to wake up the taste buds.
- A Mochatail for those daring enough to drink one is a dash of espresso coffee, sprinkled with chocolate cookie, topped with whipped cream.
- All that is charming about Australian wine, with a dash of sophistication.
- Like many a group before them, they had met at art school, and not surprisingly they added a dash of colour to both their image and music.
- The meet and the hunt provided a dash of colour in the lives of all during the otherwise drab British winter.
- 3 countable 3.1 (punctuation mark) 3.2 (in Morse code)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Today, when we think of telegraphs we think of electric telegraphs, we think of wires and Morse code and dots and dashes and telegrams and that sort of thing.
- Both transmitted in simplified Morse code, one solely dots, the other solely dashes.
- Morse Code uses a series of dots and dashes to transmit and receive messages.
- This book's a success, it's true, even though it's about commas, apostrophes, colons, dashes and other marks.
- In less formal writing, the dash is often a catch-all mark to take the place of both colon and semicolon, obviating the need to distinguish them or think about more subtle kinds of punctuation.
- Their use of the dash in the letters seems consistent with its use in much nineteenth - century correspondence.
- 4 uncountable (spirit, nerve) to play/perform with dashto cut a dash (British English)tocar/actuar con bríoser el centro de todas las miradaspartir plaza (Mexico)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Brimming with this new dash of energy, Darteil just needed one more psychological push.
- It is these characteristics that give these Mozart performances, with the violinist doubling as soloist and director of the OAE, such dash and vitality.
- If the winners emerge with some dash in their style, they may also have to contend with being All-Ireland favourites.
- 5 countable (Sport)the 100m dashlos 100m planos or (Spain) lisos or (River Plate area) llanosOraciones de ejemplo
- He runs the fastest 40-yard dash of any defensive tackle, 4.85 seconds.
- Mornings can feel like a 50-yard dash, racing from the gym to the kids' school to the workplace.
- The country's leading sprinters kick off the heats with the 50m dash - a tough line-up to just make the semi-final among the men.
- 7 countable (Cars) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- This is enlivened by Mondial blue flourishes on the dash, sports steering wheel and gearstick, and the same drilled aluminium pedals as the 172.
- Wash and polish the bodywork, clean and polish the wheels to get rid of any engrained brake dust, vacuum and shampoo the interior and give the dash and steering wheel a good buffing.
- The steering wheel and the dash are also made of the light and very strong material which has been used in Formula one since 1988.
- 1 1.1 (hurl) Ver ejemplos: she dashed the plate to piecesthe ship was dashed against the rockshizo añicos or trizas el plato1.2 (splash) she dashed her face with water to refresh herselfel barco se estrelló contra las rocasse echó agua en la cara para refrescarseOraciones de ejemplo
- Ah, how the heady idealism of youth is dashed upon the rocks of the pragmatism of adulthood.
- Bearded vultures are the only living birds known to access bone marrow, which they do by dashing bones onto rocks from great heights.
- A predatory fish may eat it, or a strong current may dash it against a rock.
- 2 (disappoint) (hopes) (usually passive)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Hopes have been dashed for all 38 employees of the ill-fated car dealership DC Cook with the announcement that they are being made redundant.
- Lauren, who has been dancing since she was just three years-old, hopes to become a professional dancer, but knows her hopes will be dashed if the course shuts.
- The year 2000 started out full of hope for all of us but, sadly, during the course of the past year for the farming community many of those hopes have already been dashed.
- This rather dashed me, though he doesn't know that I am a diarist, and is probably unaware that I am somewhat simple-minded.
- 4 (British English) [dated] = → darn2 1
- 1 (rush) Ver ejemplos: I dashed to the rescueshe dashed outme lancé al rescateI'll just dash across the road for some milksalió disparadato dash into/across the roomvoy en frente un minuto a comprar lecheI can't stay long, I must dash [colloquial]entrar en/atravesar la habitación como una exhalaciónme voy corriendo, que tengo prisa or (in Latin America also) que estoy apuradaOraciones de ejemplo
- Other people could be seen on the streets now, hurrying animals that dashed in and out of store to cars or homes, getting what needed to be done, done.
- He quickly swept his daughter into his arms, grabbed his travel bag and dashed towards the open door and into the chaos of the ship.
- Drew and Seigi dashed out and hurried towards their fathers, calling and laughing as they ran.
- 2 (crash)(waves)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a dirty old night out there, wind howling, rain dashing against the windows, not at all the kind of night to move far from the fireside.
- Not proper rain, not good rain - but a light, spitting rain that came dashing down from the peaks and was too cold to make the grass grow.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the