Traducción de debt en español:
- 1 uncountable (indebtedness) I'm $200 in debtdebo 200 dólaresI'm hopelessly in debt
tengo deudas por 200 dólaresestoy agobiado de deudasI'm in debt to my father for $2,000le debo 2.000 dólares a mi padreto be in somebody's debt o in debt to somebody [formal]estarle en deuda a alguienthis nation is forever in their debt o in debt to them
estar en deuda con alguienesta nación les estará siempre en deuda or estará siempre en deuda con ellosto get o run into debtendeudarseto get/be out of debt
llenarse or cargarse de deudassalir de/no tener deudasOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After the divorce was granted, Rene discovered there would be no money as her husband was heavily in debt.
- Although the man did owe small sums of money, there is no evidence to suggest that he was heavily in debt.
- He wanted to know why the trust was so severely in debt, despite receiving record funding from the government.
- All owe her a huge debt of gratitude for her many years of dedicated service to the Church.
- Council chairman Alex Carder said the volunteers were owed a debt of gratitude by the rest of the community.
- I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to those past winners who have truly inspired me.
- 2 countable (money owing) foreign debt a debt of honoruna deuda de honorto run up debtscontraer deudasto repay a debt
endeudarsepagar or saldar una deudaI owe you a debt I can never repaysiempre estaré en deuda contigoOraciones de ejemplo
- Samantha Leigh, mitigating, said he had taken the money to pay gambling debts.
- Garda sources believe the gangs may have been desperate to raise money to pay off debts.
- If you are earning money and have big debts it may not be worth over committing yourself in savings.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda