Traducción de deflate en español:
- 1 1.1(balloon/tire)
desinflarOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (humble) to deflate somebody o somebody's ego
bajarle los humos a alguien1.3 (depress) I felt deflatedme sentí por los suelosthe news deflated my spiritsla noticia me deprimió or me abatióOraciones de ejemplo
- Armed officers, who were lying in wait for the would-be raiders, disabled their van using Hatton rounds - bullets designed to deflate tyres with minimum damage.
- Stranded in the paddy field mud of the Winton track, Ambrose amazed fans by deflating his rear tyres to drive himself out of the bog and back into the race - but only after missing some 20 laps of the race.
- It took police one and a half hours to extract the lorry by deflating its tyres.
- He was totally deflated by this remark and conceded defeat.
- I was deflated a bit and things suddenly seemed really awkward.
- He's a confident character; nothing seems to deflate him.
- 2 (Economics)(economy/currency)
deflactarOraciones de ejemplo
- Well, could inflation soon deflate the economy?
- In return for a bail-out of the currency, it would deflate the economy, impose a statutory incomes policy, and maintain a military presence East of Suez.
- Mr Geraghty argues that pay cuts will only deflate the economy further at a time when it needs an increase in consumer spending power to give it a further boost.
deshincharse (Spain)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The AAIB report says the balloon deflated over the wires.
- And as if by magic, all the balloons immediately drooped, deflated.
- The balloon deflated over the wires resulting in a short circuit to the electricity supply.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda