Traducción de defuse en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [bomb] desactivar; [situation/atmosphere] distender*; [crisis/anger] calmarExample sentences
- Security guards patrolling the area informed police, who in turn notified the Bomb Disposal Unit, who defused the explosive device.
- Grimly, he picked up a manual on defusing explosive devices and began to skim through it, just in case.
- The army began searching the area on Friday and is defusing explosive devices strewn around the area by the blasts.
- I can't help thinking that if Chuck were alive, he would have handled this unsavory, unneighborly encounter much better than I, for he was an expert at defusing tense situations.
- It is learnt that more changes in the civil administration are also in the offing as part of the ongoing efforts to defuse the tense situation.
- With their friendly but firm goodwill and common sense they were able to defuse many potentially dangerous situations and undoubtedly saved many lives.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.