Traducción de delay en español:
- 1 1.1 (make late, hold up)demorar (esp (Latin America) )this delayed the start of the talksesto retrasó or ( (Latin America) tb) demoró el comienzo de las conversacionesthe train was delayed at the stationel tren se retrasó or ( (Latin America) tb) se demoró en la estaciónhis arrival was delayed by 24 hourssu llegada se retrasó 24 horasI was delayed by the trafficme retrasé or ( (Latin America) tb) me demoré por el tráficoI don't want to delay youno quiero entretenerteOraciones de ejemplo1.2
also: delaying present participle(action/tactics)
- I wonder if there's another clause fining you if your train delays other people's trains.
- First, relevant personnel were delayed by the train chaos and then I understand the equipment broke down.
- This delays plan development, slows the response to changing plans, and increases vulnerability to failure for want of adequate support.
dilatorioOraciones de ejemplo
- Most governors and legislatures would rather make budget cuts or delay some of their tax cuts for now.
- Her ankle would take a while to heal so we decided to press, there was no point in delaying any longer than we had to.
- The Faculty of the University recommended him for a chair of theoretical physics but the Department of Educational Affairs decided to delay confirming the post.
- 2 2.1 (defer) to delay
-ingwe delayed signing the contractretrasamos or ( (Latin America) tb) demoramos la firma del contratoI delayed telling her the bad newspospuse el momento de darle la mala noticia2.2also: delayed past participle(effect/reaction)
- 1 1.1 uncountable (waiting) without delaysin tardanza or dilaciónsin demora (esp (Latin America) )and now, without further delay, I shall read out the resultsy ahora, sin más preámbulos, pasaré a leer los resultadosOraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable (holdup)
demora (feminine) (esp (Latin America) )an hour's delay, a delay of one hourun retraso or (esp (Latin America) ) una demora de una horauna hora de retraso or (esp (Latin America) ) de demoradelays can be expected on major roadsse puede esperar embotellamientos en las principales carreteraswhat's the delay? [colloquial]¿qué estamos esperando?Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet all we are hearing here, in her fourth year as Minister, is all this delay and dilly-dallying and shilly-shallying.
- Any sensible Englishman does the same, knowing that the English weather most often delivers up summer in short bursts, to be enjoyed without delay or hesitation.
- ‘It is time the Government ended the dither and delay,’ he said.
- Bank transfers are prone to delays in the Christmas period as officials all over the world take a few days off.
- With continuing delays in constructing the new parliament building, Ministers will be forced to look for alternative accommodation.
- He is anxious that the Minister would resolves all issues surrounding the delays in payment before he leaves office.
- 2 countable 2.1 (extra time) (Law) 2.2 (interval)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Finally, the average period of the oscillator is related to the average signal propagation delay through the test circuit.
- Then in design, you'll have to handle delays in signal propagation, circuit shape starts playing a strong role in design.
- The modified write inhibit threshold essentially facilitates an acceptable delay in activating a write inhibit signal.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda