Traducción de delay en español:
- 1 1.1 (make late, hold up) this delayed the start of the talksesto retrasó or (in Latin America also) demoró el comienzo de las conversacionesthe train was delayed at the stationel tren se retrasó or (in Latin America also) se demoró en la estaciónhis arrival was delayed by 24 hourssu llegada se retrasó 24 horasI was delayed by the trafficme retrasé or (in Latin America also) me demoré por el tráficoI don't want to delay youno quiero entretenerteOraciones de ejemplo1.2
also: delaying present participle(action/tactics)
- I wonder if there's another clause fining you if your train delays other people's trains.
- First, relevant personnel were delayed by the train chaos and then I understand the equipment broke down.
- This delays plan development, slows the response to changing plans, and increases vulnerability to failure for want of adequate support.
dilatorioOraciones de ejemplo
- Most governors and legislatures would rather make budget cuts or delay some of their tax cuts for now.
- Her ankle would take a while to heal so we decided to press, there was no point in delaying any longer than we had to.
- The Faculty of the University recommended him for a chair of theoretical physics but the Department of Educational Affairs decided to delay confirming the post.
- 2 2.1 (defer) to delay
-ingwe delayed signing the contractretrasamos or (in Latin America also) demoramos la firma del contratoI delayed telling her the bad newspospuse el momento de darle la mala noticia2.2also: delayed past participle of(effect/reaction)
- 1 1.1 uncountable (waiting) without delaysin tardanza or dilaciónand now, without further delay, I shall read out the results
sin demora (especially Latin America)y ahora, sin más preámbulos, pasaré a leer los resultadosOraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable (holdup) an hour's delay, a delay of one hour
un retraso or (especially Latin America) una demora de una horadelays can be expected on major roads
- Yet all we are hearing here, in her fourth year as Minister, is all this delay and dilly-dallying and shilly-shallying.
- Any sensible Englishman does the same, knowing that the English weather most often delivers up summer in short bursts, to be enjoyed without delay or hesitation.
- ‘It is time the Government ended the dither and delay,’ he said.
una hora de retraso or (especially Latin America) de demorase puede esperar embotellamientos en las principales carreteraswhat's the delay? [colloquial]¿qué estamos esperando?Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bank transfers are prone to delays in the Christmas period as officials all over the world take a few days off.
- With continuing delays in constructing the new parliament building, Ministers will be forced to look for alternative accommodation.
- He is anxious that the Minister would resolves all issues surrounding the delays in payment before he leaves office.
- 2 countable 2.1 (extra time) (Law) 2.2 (interval)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Finally, the average period of the oscillator is related to the average signal propagation delay through the test circuit.
- Then in design, you'll have to handle delays in signal propagation, circuit shape starts playing a strong role in design.
- The modified write inhibit threshold essentially facilitates an acceptable delay in activating a write inhibit signal.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda