- 1.1 (lair) guarida (feminine), cubil (masculine) the lion's den la guarida del león a fox's den una zorrera or raposeraMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (of thieves) guarida (feminine) a den of (vice and) iniquity un antro de (vicio y) perdición
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (room) [colloquial/familiar] cuarto (masculine) de estar, leonera (feminine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]; (for study, work) estudio (masculine), gabinete (masculine)
- North American river otters build dens in the burrows of other mammals, in natural hollows, such as under a log, or in river banks.
- Inhabiting thick, wooded country and arid, shrubby areas, jaguars often make their dens in caves, or under overhanging rocks.
- The pups emerged from their protective den, pawing the earth in celebration.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 (of Cub Scouts) (American English/inglés norteamericano) grupo (masculine)
- Bombed-out buildings house dens of illicit commerce, while bridges and river banks swarm with a second society.
- The City had obtained search warrants for various sites suspected of being dens of criminal activity, said communication's officer for the city.
- George and Tony took the gang back to their secret den to discuss what to do next.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I looked on other shelves in the living room, in the den, in the bedroom, and in my office downstairs.
- These are the privileged few who had intimate meetings with the candidates in corporate suites and the private dens of the super rich.
- Another flight of stairs leads to a good sized attic room which could suit a variety of uses - a den, games room, home office or perhaps a teenager's bedroom.
- Cub Scouting members join a Cub Scout pack and are assigned to a den, usually a neighborhood group of six to eight boys.
- Once a month, all of the dens and family members gather for a pack meeting under the direction of a Cubmaster and pack committee.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.