Traducción de dent en español:
- 1 (depression — in metal)(— in wood) marca (feminine)to make a dent in somethinghacerle una abolladura a algo
abollar algo(in wood)
hacer una marca en algoOraciones de ejemplo
- The guard was hit so hard that the blow left a dent on his safety helmet.
- For a second I thought the bullet had gone right through, as I felt a pain in the front and back of my head, but I soon realised the bullet had done little damage other than make a slight dent in my skull.
- Inside the bridge of the Goldoba, Ramirez clenched the rails around the helmsman's chair so hard he left dents in the metal.
- 2 (reduction) [colloquial]it's made a big dent in our savingsse ha llevado or se ha comido una buena parte de nuestros ahorros [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Also looking wistfully at the three library books I must return tomorrow; I've had them for six weeks, but have scarce made a dent in them, such is my perdition.
- A signature-revocation effort by opponents made a dent in the final tally but was not enough to keep the initiative off the ballot.
- But the wage demands of players in recent years have been such that these vast sums have barely made a dent in the economic problems of English football.
abollar(wood)he hit the safe with a hammer but hardly dented it
hacer una marca engolpeó la caja fuerte con un martillo pero como si nadaOraciones de ejemplo
- The body crumpled limply but inertia carried it into the side of a car with enough force to seriously dent the entire side and shove it three feet sideways into its parked neighbour.
- The passenger side window was smashed, the light clusters were smashed, and the panels on the drivers side door were dented.
- With a growl, Satyr turned on the engine and accelerated into his father's car, denting the side and scratching the doors.
afectar(pride)to dent somebody's confidence
hacer mella enhacerle perder confianza a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- The adverse publicity dented the airline's reputation and at the end of the year a loss of £25,483 was recorded.
- He insists the experience hasn't dented his enthusiasm for making another film, but he would never adapt one of his plays again.
- But that has not dented his anticipation or enthusiasm for the coming campaign.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda