Traducción de dent en español:
- 1.1 (depression — in metal) abolladura (feminine), abollón (masculine); (— in wood) marca (feminine) to make a dent in sth hacerle* una abolladura a algo, abollar algo [in wood] hacer* una marca en algoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (reduction) [colloquial/familiar] it's made a big dent in our savings se ha llevado or se ha comido una buena parte de nuestros ahorros [colloquial/familiar]
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The guard was hit so hard that the blow left a dent on his safety helmet.
- For a second I thought the bullet had gone right through, as I felt a pain in the front and back of my head, but I soon realised the bullet had done little damage other than make a slight dent in my skull.
- Inside the bridge of the Goldoba, Ramirez clenched the rails around the helmsman's chair so hard he left dents in the metal.
- Also looking wistfully at the three library books I must return tomorrow; I've had them for six weeks, but have scarce made a dent in them, such is my perdition.
- A signature-revocation effort by opponents made a dent in the final tally but was not enough to keep the initiative off the ballot.
- But the wage demands of players in recent years have been such that these vast sums have barely made a dent in the economic problems of English football.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.