Traducción de dent en español:
- 1.1 (depression — in metal)(— in wood)to make a dent in somethinghacerle una abolladura a algoabollar algo(in wood)hacer una marca en algoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (reduction) [colloquial]it's made a big dent in our savings
se ha llevado or se ha comido una buena parte de nuestros ahorros [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The guard was hit so hard that the blow left a dent on his safety helmet.
- For a second I thought the bullet had gone right through, as I felt a pain in the front and back of my head, but I soon realised the bullet had done little damage other than make a slight dent in my skull.
- Inside the bridge of the Goldoba, Ramirez clenched the rails around the helmsman's chair so hard he left dents in the metal.
- Also looking wistfully at the three library books I must return tomorrow; I've had them for six weeks, but have scarce made a dent in them, such is my perdition.
- A signature-revocation effort by opponents made a dent in the final tally but was not enough to keep the initiative off the ballot.
- But the wage demands of players in recent years have been such that these vast sums have barely made a dent in the economic problems of English football.
- 1.1(metal)(wood)he hit the safe with a hammer but hardly dented ithacer una marca en1.2golpeó la caja fuerte con un martillo pero como si nada(popularity)(pride)to dent somebody's confidencehacer mella enhacerle perder confianza a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- The adverse publicity dented the airline's reputation and at the end of the year a loss of £25,483 was recorded.
- He insists the experience hasn't dented his enthusiasm for making another film, but he would never adapt one of his plays again.
- But that has not dented his anticipation or enthusiasm for the coming campaign.
- (metal)abollarseOraciones de ejemplo
- The body crumpled limply but inertia carried it into the side of a car with enough force to seriously dent the entire side and shove it three feet sideways into its parked neighbour.
- The passenger side window was smashed, the light clusters were smashed, and the panels on the drivers side door were dented.
- With a growl, Satyr turned on the engine and accelerated into his father's car, denting the side and scratching the doors.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.