- 1 u (despondency) depresión (f), abatimiento (m) to suffer from depression sufrir depresionesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Tiredness might have played its part, but the sense of dejection and depression emanating from the studio clouded the whole broadcast.
- We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.
- We're staying several steps ahead of gloom, despair, deep dark depression, and excessive misery.
- 2 c (in flat surface) depresión (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The presence of shallow depressions in the ground surface allows time for water to percolate into the soil and reduces the volume and speed of flow across the slope.
- The stone includes a depression on its concave surface where the practitioner's finger was inserted in order to assist in applying force.
- The images relayed from the probe were not much more exciting - some low hills and surface depressions.
- 3 c [Econ] depresión (f), crisis (f) the (Great) Depression la Gran DepresiónMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They have developed a close relationship between stock market crashes and the economic recessions and depressions that follow them.
- According to him, the original estimate did take into account periodic recessions and depressions in the stock market.
- Just as the mass extinctions were associated with climatic shifts, depressions and recessions often reflect changing economic conditions.
- 4 c [Meteo] depresión (f) atmosférica, borrasca (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rainfall in the savannah region usually arrives between November and April in heavy bursts from monsoonal depressions or tropical cyclones.
- The most significant features of the wet season are thunderstorms, tropical cyclones and rain depressions.
- Cyclonic weather with a depression centred over the UK can cause unsettled conditions in both winter and summer.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)