- to derive sth
fromsth she derives a deep serenity from her faith su fe le proporciona una gran serenidad children can derive great enjoyment from the simplest things las cosas más simples pueden dar enorme placer a un niño we can derive little comfort from the fact that he didn't spend everything que no se lo haya gastado todo no es un gran consuelo the revenues derived from this activity los beneficios que se obtienen de esta actividad the book derives its prestige from the accuracy of its analysis el libro debe su prestigio a la rigurosidad de su análisis penicillin is derived from mold la penicilina se obtiene (a partir) del moho the name is derived from the Greek el nombre viene or deriva del griegoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Africanized sources were derived from colonies obtained locally.
- This organization can derive its power from a number of sources, both economic and non-economic.
- He did repeatedly make clear that his story was derived from what his source said.
- 1 (stem from) to derive
fromsth [attitude/problem] provenir* dealgo [idea] tener* su origen enalgo the characters in the film derive from real life los personajes de la película están basados en seres realesMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The word Islam itself, meaning submission to God, derives from the Arabic root word salama, which means peace.
- This process was called retting (a name which, unsurprisingly, derives from the same root as rot).
- Similarly, dishevelled comes from the Old French deschevelé and was not derived from a word shevelled.
- Yet another source of public confusion derives from psychologists themselves.
- A major source of agricultural income derives from wine production.
- But it would be a long time before you came up with a source of happiness that derived from the beneficence of government.
- 2 [Ling] to derive
fromsth [word/name] derivar(se) dealgoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In this theory, a passive was no longer to be derived from an active sentence, but both from a common deep structure which was neither active nor passive.
- Formal idioms are idiomatic in the sense just stated - their properties cannot be derived from more general principles.
- What kind of rule(s) are needed to derive passive sentences?
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...