Traducción de dismal en español:
- 1.1 (gloomy) [place/tone] sombrío, deprimente, lúgubre; [person] taciturno, tristeOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (very bad) [news/prophecy] funesto; [future] muy negro; [weather] malísimo; [results/performance/conditions] pésimo her attempts resulted in dismal failure sus intentos fracasaron estrepitosamente
- And mine is the world of the rented room, where damp creeps in in the dismal gloom and music is the only thing I own.
- As glorious Tramore yet again defied the dismal weather forecasts the fans flocked to the seaside venue.
- One idea is pushing election day back into October, to spare voters going to the polls in dismal weather.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Her reassuring smile did little to reassure her dismal friends.
- After the past 10 days in the spotlight, internal morale for the 200 STB staff is dismal.
- If these really are the views of those around him, one fears he must run with a rather dismal crowd.
- The play is a history of his romantic failures, with amorous adventures ranging from the comic to the pitiful but always dismal failures.
- This self-centredness bothered some of his followers, who quit after the party's dismal electoral performance.
- By that measure, too, Australia's recent performance looks dismal.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas