Traducción de distort en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (deform) [metal/object] deformar; [image/reflection] deformar, distorsionar his face was distorted by o with anger/pain tenía el rostro crispado por la ira/del dolor a distorting mirror un espejo deformanteExample sentences1.2 [Electronics/Electrónica] [signal/sound] distorsionar
Example sentences1.3 (misrepresent) [facts/statement] tergiversar, distorsionar
- The shadows warped and distorted as a humanoid shape detached itself.
- It was gnarled like a tree branch, twisting and distorting in places.
- It twisted in sickening slow motion, distorting out of shape.
- Heat made the air thick - it must be distorting the sound waves, slowing them down.
- These air pockets can distort the sound waves and produce an unclear image.
- She screams at him until the volume of her voice is distorting the phone signal and he cannot comprehend a word she says.
- Many investors now distrust pension accounting because it distorts reported earnings.
- In addition, the probability of the results being distorted by confounding factors has not been adequately addressed.
- The nature of adulation does not distort his impression of reality.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Audio] distorsionar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the