Traducción de distort en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (deform) [metal/object] deformar; [image/reflection] deformar, distorsionar his face was distorted by o with anger/pain tenía el rostro crispado por la ira/del dolor a distorting mirror un espejo deformanteExample sentences1.2 [Electronics/Electrónica] [signal/sound] distorsionar
Example sentences1.3 (misrepresent) [facts/statement] tergiversar, distorsionar
- The shadows warped and distorted as a humanoid shape detached itself.
- It was gnarled like a tree branch, twisting and distorting in places.
- It twisted in sickening slow motion, distorting out of shape.
- Heat made the air thick - it must be distorting the sound waves, slowing them down.
- These air pockets can distort the sound waves and produce an unclear image.
- She screams at him until the volume of her voice is distorting the phone signal and he cannot comprehend a word she says.
- Many investors now distrust pension accounting because it distorts reported earnings.
- In addition, the probability of the results being distorted by confounding factors has not been adequately addressed.
- The nature of adulation does not distort his impression of reality.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Audio] distorsionar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.