- (British English)profesor universitario, (profesora universitaria) (masculine, feminine)(esp en Oxford y Cambridge)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He worked easily with the many newcomers into his department, most of them university dons.
- The indication that Oxford might have to consider implementing similar measures has been greeted with caution by University officials, dons, and students alike.
- As a don at the local university, he reviewed regularly for the Glasgow Herald.
transitive verb -nn-
- 1.1 (put on) [literary]1.2 (assume) [formal] I was forced to don the role of criticponerseme vi obligado a asumir el papel de críticoOraciones de ejemplo
- At his urging, I donned protective clothing and headed off in search of this tragic new affliction.
- But he was nevertheless disgruntled that he himself would not be donning the shirt.
- Most fans are content with donning a replica shirt and attending the odd game.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.