Traducción de dread en español:
- tenerle terror or pavor aI dread going to the dentistle tengo terror or pavor al dentistaI dread to think what might have happenedno quiero ni pensar en lo que podría haber pasadothe dreaded moment finally came
me horroriza pensar en lo que podría haber pasadofinalmente llegó el tan temido momentoOraciones de ejemplo
- If £7 represents ‘good value’ in the gloom of winter, I'd dread to think how they will value summer fare.
- I would dread to think that a scene such as the one I witnessed at the age of twelve could happen in a playground now.
- If this were a regular occurrence I would dread to think of what effect it would have on me.
ofsomethingI have a dread of spidersles tengo terror or horror a las arañashe was o stood in dread of his fathersu padre lo atemorizaba or aterrabawe lived in constant dread of discovery/being deported
le tenía terror a su padrevivíamos temiendo constantemente que nos descubrieran/deportaranto be filled with dreadestar aterrorizadomy greatest dread is dying of cancerlo que más me aterra es morir de cáncerOraciones de ejemplo
- Terror is an aggravated form of fear: intense fear, fright or dread.
- Panic, fear and dread take turns punching you in the solar plexus.
- He just wants to paralyze a nation, cause fear and panic and dread to become part of our everyday lives.
- [literary] (before noun)Oraciones de ejemplo
- While he may have settled into what we may define a ‘normal’ life, he forever lives in the dread fear that one day, he may wake up to find the fruit bandit has struck again.
- We still suggest woolen hoods for the Fourth of July picnics, but you can open a window now without fear of dread contagion.
- With the air-conditioning switched off, it was becoming hot and stuffy in the confined cabin space, and only there did I really begin to feel the dread hand of fear.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda