- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (tool)(electric drill, power drill)taladradora (feminine), taladro (masculine)(hand drill)taladro (masculine) (manual); [Dentistry/Odontología] torno (masculine), fresa (feminine) 1.2 [Mech] [Mining] perforadora (feminine), barreno (masculine) 1.3 (drill head) broca (feminine); [Dentistry/Odontología] fresa (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Your dentist will remove any decay or old filling from the tooth with a drill.
- Some of the surrounding bone can then be removed with a drill to lift the tooth out in one piece.
- Laser technology, too, is developing and in time may replace the drill in restorative dentistry.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable [Military/Militar] instrucción (feminine) 2.2 countable/numerable [Sch] ejercicio (masculine) spelling drills ejercicios de ortografíaMás ejemplos en oraciones2.3 u and c (rehearsal) fire drill simulacro (masculine) de incendio 2.4 uncountable/no numerable (correct procedure) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] what's the drill? ¿qué se hace? I don't know the drill for making a claim no sé qué se hace or qué hay que hacer para presentar una reclamación
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The basketball coach or the music teacher needs no convincing regarding the value of drill and practice on fundamental skills.
- Thus, problem solving and analysis replace drill and practice, and calculators replace paper-and-pencil computation.
- After two hours of repeating the same drill over and over again, it was time for riding.
- The perfection of the troops' training was revealed when a display of parade-ground drill helped to extricate the army from a trap in the Balkan mountains.
- Training of farmer militiamen involved mainly military drill and volley fire, often on the village green or nearby field.
- Military drill and discipline, as well as seamanship are still part of the book.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (fabric) dril (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cargo pants are available in all kinds of fabrics, from cotton drill to pale pink satin, and, frankly, they're none the better for it.
- Virtually every book published is a library-bound hard cover edition, side-sewen and reinforced with cotton drill.
- The bags are made of heavy cotton drill and have a top cover that's easily removable for washing.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 2.1 [Military/Militar] [soldiers] instruir* 2.2 [child/pupil] she drilled them in the use of the passive voice les hizo practicar la (voz) pasiva to drill sth
intosb inculcarle* algo aalgn it was drilled into him that … le habían inculcado que …
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 [Mining] perforar, hacer* perforaciones to drill for oil/water perforar en busca de petróleo/agua