Traducción de duty en español:
noun plural duties
- 1 countable or uncountable (obligation) to do one's duty (by somebody)it is the duty of every citizen to votecumplir con su ( or mi etc) deber or obligación (para con alguien)he did it out of a sense of dutyvotar es el deber or la obligación de todo ciudadanoshe made it her duty to …lo hizo porque le parecía que era su deberI have a duty to keep my partners informedse impuso la obligación de …(before noun) duty call o visites mi obligación or mi deber mantener informados a mis sociosOraciones de ejemplo
- It's to do my duty as a physician, and they often have disagreeable outcomes when you do your duty, and this is one very disagreeable outcome.
- To the last minute of my holding the presidency, I will responsibly do my duty.
- They have to do their duty and their responsibility.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (service) a spell of duty abroadto do night dutyuna temporada de servicio en el extranjeroto do duty as something 2.2 (in phrases) Ver ejemplos: off dutyto come/go off dutyhacer el turno nocturnoto be off duty (nurse/doctor)acabar el turno or la guardiano estar de turno or guardia(policeman/fireman)on dutyto come/go on dutyno estar de serviciohe's on duty all morning (nurse/doctor)empezar el turno or la guardiaestá de turno or de guardia toda la mañana(policeman/fireman)(before noun) duty chemist (British English)está de servicio toda la mañanaduty rosterfarmacia (feminine) de guardia or de turnoduty solicitor (British English) 2.3lista (feminine) de guardiasalso: duties plural(responsibilities) [formal]when do you take up your duties?funciones (feminine plural)responsabilidades (feminine plural)to neglect one's duties¿cuándo asume usted sus funciones?descuidar sus ( or mis etc) responsabilidadesOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- How do you know the staff who arrive at camp are qualified to perform the duties you are requiring of them?
- Boys and girls were trained for the separate duties and tasks required in the gendered world of their day.
- Officers chosen to conduct the battalion's tactical planning need to have the proper training and experience in order to perform their required duties.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As much as $10,000 of the budgets could be used to help the church pay for pastoral duties during its pastor's absence.
- For now, she continues with her ministerial duties, serving the church she sees as part of her family.
- It is not uncommon for a minister to drive 6-10,000 miles per year in carrying out the ministerial duties for a congregation.
- The primary service was military duty as a mounted knight.
- Why should ordinary Koreans pay taxes for those shirkers who educate their children abroad and avoid military service duties?
- The other recurring problem is the avoidance of military service by privileged youth during peacetime and combat duty during wars.
- 3 countable or uncountable (tax) (often plural) to pay duty on somethingexcise dutiespagar impuestos sobre algoimpuestos (masculine plural) internos or al consumoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These include priority treatment in obtaining basic infrastructure services and significant reductions in national and local income taxes, land fees, and import and export duties.
- Getting the manufacturing association to back a duty on low-priced Chinese imports was a victory for small manufacturers.
- Many governments put tariffs on the import of goods, whether stated as an import duty or a sales tax only on imported goods.
- Strip the Church of its tax exemption and levy huge duties against its property value.
- We have a budget lower than ten years ago, with the Government continuing to impose additional duties and not properly finance them.
- Licence duties tend to have very small disincentive effects on car ownership due to their relatively low level (they are primarily put in place by governments to raise revenue).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.