Traducción de early en español:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1 (before expected time) her early arrival took us by surprisesu llegada anticipada or antes de tiempo nos tomó por sorpresaI was earlyllegué tempranowe were 20 minutes earlyllegamos con 20 minutos de adelantothe baby was a week earlyel niño se adelantó una semanathe bus was earlyel autobús pasó ( or salió etc) antes de la horayour report is early for oncepor una vez entregas el informe antes de tiempoI was early getting to work this morningesta mañana llegué al trabajo antes de la horato be early
forsomethinghe was early for his appointmentllegó a la cita antes de la hora
- 2 2.1 2.2 (before normal time) I had an early breakfastdesayuné temprano or (in Spain also) prontolet's have an early nightacostémonos tempranoEaster is early this year(la) Pascua cae temprano este añoit sent him to an early gravelo mató antes de tiempoan early deathuna muerte temprana or prematura2.3 (first, far back in time) she was an early advocate of the free marketfue una pionera en la defensa del mercado libreearly reports from the arealos primeros informes de la zonahis earliest memoriessus primeros recuerdosthe earliest train we can catchel primer tren que podemos tomarat an early stageen una etapa tempranaif detected in the early stagessi se detecta en sus comienzosat an earlier stageen una etapa anteriorit's too early to telles demasiado pronto para saberOraciones de ejemplo2.4 (in morning) we're early risers
somos madrugadoresyou won't find anyone up at this early hourno vas a encontrar a nadie levantado tan temprano or a estas horasin the early hours of the morningen las primeras horas de la mañanato get o (in British English also) make an early start
- This early sequence, without a trace of dignity or sensitivity, sets the tone for the entire film.
- The early chapters are strong on narrative and pace but the ending sort of fades.
- A penniless writer used to sit here all day, writing the early draft chapters of her now famous novel.
de madrugadasalir tempranoI went for an early swimme fui a nadar tempranoI asked for an early morning callpedí que me despertaran por la mañana tempranoOraciones de ejemplo2.5 (toward beginning of period) (before noun) in the early afternoon
a primeras horas de la tardein early Junea principios or a comienzos de juniothe early 20th centurylos comienzos del siglo XXthe Early Middle Agesla Alta Edad Mediathe early Church in early childhooden la primera infanciahe spent his early life in Indiapasó sus primeros años en la Indiafrom an early agedesde pequeñohe was in his early twenties
- Twenty-five pensioners enjoyed a free lunch as an early Christmas present from their local pub.
- Just to really stoke things up, we arrived at Lyneham to find that we'd been booked an early lunch in the canteen.
- Monday was an early lunch of homemade mince pie, chips and veg at Via Veneto.
desde temprana edad [literary]tenía poco más de veinte añosan early goalun gol temprano or (Mexico) tempraneroan early Picassoun Picasso de la primera épocaEarly American style (Architecture)estilo (masculine) colonial americanoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was early morning and he had been parking his van near a site where he was working as a labourer, when he and a co-worker saw the fire.
- It was early in the morning and the sun was just beginning to show its lovely face from the horizon.
- The early goal in that second period helped lift us, gave us something to hold on to, and from then on we played well.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Islamic expansion of the early medieval period was not waged for glory, or any of the other factors I listed at the top of this op.
- As we get into the post-Roman / early medieval period we have a series of bows from Denmark and Germany.
- During the early post-war period, however, there was a marked turn towards a more analytical style.
- However, for early crops in the south of the country, disease outbreak can be much earlier.
- Two types of monad pollen are present in early orchids, namely that with pollenkitt and that with elastoviscin.
- Many of the early maturing varieties are best when ripened under relatively cool conditions.
- 3 (in near future) we should appreciate an early replyagradeceríamos una pronta respuestaan earlier date would be preferableuna fecha más cercana sería preferibleat the earliest possible momentlo antes or lo más pronto posibleat your earliest convenience (in letters)tan pronto como le sea posible
a la brevedad [formal]
adverb -lier, -liest
- 1 (before expected time) come early if you want to get a seatven temprano si quieres conseguir asientothe baby arrived two weeks earlyel niño se adelantó dos semanasshe was released earlier than expectedla pusieron en libertad antes de lo esperado
- 2 2.1 (before usual time) we had dinner earlycenamos temprano or (in Spain also) pronto2.2 (in morning) I get up early every morningme levanto temprano or (in Spain also) pronto todas las mañanasOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (toward beginning of period) early in the morning
por la mañana tempranoearly in the afternoon/eveningpor la tarde/noche tempranoearly in the week/yeara principios de semana/añoearly one Tuesday eveningun martes a primeras horas de la nocheearly (on) in her careeral principio de su carreraearlier that nightantes or más temprano esa misma nochebook earlyhaga su reserva cuanto antes2.4 (long ago) it was known as early as 200 BCya se sabía en el año 200 A.C.
- In Beijing the announcement was put out early on the morning of the 30th.
- The Israel Defence Force (IDF) said it had been responding to rocket fire early yesterday.
- Although not a morning person whatsoever Ari forced herself out of bed early every morning so she could start to get ready.
- 3 (soon) as early as possible we can't come earlier than Fridayno podemos venir antes del viernesthey won't be here till nine at the earliestpor temprano que lleguen no estarán aquí antes de las nuevewhen is the earliest you can start?¿cuál es la primera fecha en la que podría empezar?Oraciones de ejemplo
- People are advised to book tickets early as it is expected that the show will sell out very quickly.
- Today I left work early to watch them play their deadly rivals St Hugo's at home and caught the second half.
- Today we woke up early and decided to see as much of the city as we could on foot.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda