Traducción de early en español:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1 (before expected time) Ver ejemplos: her early arrival took us by surpriseI was earlysu llegada anticipada or antes de tiempo nos tomó por sorpresawe were 20 minutes earlyllegué tempranothe baby was a week earlyllegamos con 20 minutos de adelantothe bus was earlyel niño se adelantó una semanayour report is early for onceel autobús pasó ( or salió etc) antes de la horaI was early getting to work this morningpor una vez entregas el informe antes de tiempoto be earlyesta mañana llegué al trabajo antes de la hora
forsomethinghe was early for his appointmentllegó a la cita antes de la hora
- 2 2.1 2.2 (before normal time) Ver ejemplos: I had an early breakfastlet's have an early nightdesayuné temprano or (in Spain also) prontoEaster is early this yearacostémonos tempranoit sent him to an early grave(la) Pascua cae temprano este añoan early deathlo mató antes de tiempo2.3 (first, far back in time) Ver ejemplos: she was an early advocate of the free marketuna muerte temprana or prematuraearly reports from the areafue una pionera en la defensa del mercado librehis earliest memorieslos primeros informes de la zonathe earliest train we can catchsus primeros recuerdosat an early stageel primer tren que podemos tomarif detected in the early stagesen una etapa tempranaat an earlier stagesi se detecta en sus comienzosit's too early to tellen una etapa anteriores demasiado pronto para saberOraciones de ejemplo2.4 (in morning) Ver ejemplos: we're early risers
you won't find anyone up at this early hoursomos madrugadoresin the early hours of the morningno vas a encontrar a nadie levantado tan temprano or a estas horasto get o (in British English also) make an early starten las primeras horas de la mañanade madrugadaI went for an early swimsalir tempranoI asked for an early morning callme fui a nadar tempranopedí que me despertaran por la mañana tempranoOraciones de ejemplo2.5 (toward beginning of period) (before noun) in the early afternoon
- This early sequence, without a trace of dignity or sensitivity, sets the tone for the entire film.
- The early chapters are strong on narrative and pace but the ending sort of fades.
- A penniless writer used to sit here all day, writing the early draft chapters of her now famous novel.
in early Junea primeras horas de la tardethe early 20th centurya principios or a comienzos de juniothe Early Middle Ageslos comienzos del siglo XXthe early Church in early childhoodla Alta Edad Mediahe spent his early life in Indiaen la primera infanciafrom an early agepasó sus primeros años en la Indiahe was in his early twentiesdesde pequeñoan early goaltenía poco más de veinte añosan early Picassoun gol temprano or (Mexico) tempraneroEarly American style (Architecture)un Picasso de la primera épocaestilo (masculine) colonial americanoOraciones de ejemplo
- Twenty-five pensioners enjoyed a free lunch as an early Christmas present from their local pub.
- Just to really stoke things up, we arrived at Lyneham to find that we'd been booked an early lunch in the canteen.
- Monday was an early lunch of homemade mince pie, chips and veg at Via Veneto.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was early morning and he had been parking his van near a site where he was working as a labourer, when he and a co-worker saw the fire.
- It was early in the morning and the sun was just beginning to show its lovely face from the horizon.
- The early goal in that second period helped lift us, gave us something to hold on to, and from then on we played well.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Islamic expansion of the early medieval period was not waged for glory, or any of the other factors I listed at the top of this op.
- As we get into the post-Roman / early medieval period we have a series of bows from Denmark and Germany.
- During the early post-war period, however, there was a marked turn towards a more analytical style.
- However, for early crops in the south of the country, disease outbreak can be much earlier.
- Two types of monad pollen are present in early orchids, namely that with pollenkitt and that with elastoviscin.
- Many of the early maturing varieties are best when ripened under relatively cool conditions.
adverb -lier, -liest
- 1 (before expected time) come early if you want to get a seatthe baby arrived two weeks earlyven temprano si quieres conseguir asientoshe was released earlier than expectedel niño se adelantó dos semanasla pusieron en libertad antes de lo esperado
- 2 2.1 (before usual time) we had dinner early2.2 (in morning) I get up early every morningcenamos temprano or (in Spain also) prontome levanto temprano or (in Spain also) pronto todas las mañanasOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (toward beginning of period) Ver ejemplos: early in the morning
early in the afternoon/eveningpor la mañana tempranoearly in the week/yearpor la tarde/noche tempranoearly one Tuesday eveninga principios de semana/añoearly (on) in her careerun martes a primeras horas de la nocheearlier that nightal principio de su carrerabook earlyantes or más temprano esa misma noche2.4 (long ago) Ver ejemplos: it was known as early as 200 BChaga su reserva cuanto antesya se sabía en el año 200 A.C.
- In Beijing the announcement was put out early on the morning of the 30th.
- The Israel Defence Force (IDF) said it had been responding to rocket fire early yesterday.
- Although not a morning person whatsoever Ari forced herself out of bed early every morning so she could start to get ready.
- 3 (soon) as early as possible we can't come earlier than Fridaythey won't be here till nine at the earliestno podemos venir antes del vierneswhen is the earliest you can start?por temprano que lleguen no estarán aquí antes de las nueve¿cuál es la primera fecha en la que podría empezar?Oraciones de ejemplo
- People are advised to book tickets early as it is expected that the show will sell out very quickly.
- Today I left work early to watch them play their deadly rivals St Hugo's at home and caught the second half.
- Today we woke up early and decided to see as much of the city as we could on foot.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.