Traducción de ease en español:
- 1 (facility) ease of operation/referencefacilidad de manejo/consultafor ease of accesspara facilitar el accesowith ease the graceful ease with which he movedla gracia y soltura con que se movíaOraciones de ejemplo
- Presented with a gilt-edged chance, Gardyne attempted to lift his shot over Craig Wight, but the goalkeeper caught the effort with ease.
- Women retained their rights to manage their own money and property after marriage and could obtain a divorce with the same ease - or difficulty - as a man.
- How has the final sound mixing gone in terms of difficulty or ease?
- 2 2.1 (freedom from constraint) I never feel at ease with hercon ella nunca siento que me puedo relajar or nunca me siento a mis anchasI feel more at ease in casual clothesme siento más cómodo or más a gusto vestido de sporthe knows how to put interviewees at their easesabe hacer relajar al entrevistadoto put/set somebody's mind at easetranquilizar a alguien2.2 (Military)(stand) at ease!¡descansen!
- 3 (leisure) he was used to a life of easeestaba acostumbrado a la buena vida or a una vida desahogadato take one's ease [literary]reposar [formal]
- 1 1.1(tension)
aliviar(burden)to ease somebody's mind
aligerartranquilizar a alguienhe did it to ease his consciencelo hizo para descargarse la concienciathey eased me of a couple of hundred dollars [humorous]me aligeraron de unos doscientos dólares [humorous]Oraciones de ejemplo1.2
(transition)a bridge would ease the traffic flow
- The process will test his ability to make good on his promises to use rail to ease Westside traffic congestion.
- He said network congestion would be eased in Windhoek with the opening of additional base stations.
- The U.S. boom has softened a bit lately, easing some of the pressure on central bankers in both countries to hurry up and raise rates.
facilitarun puente descongestionaría or haría más fluida la circulación del tráficoto ease the way for somebodyallanarle el camino a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- Behind the slick new steel and glass facades, what can you expect in the way of facilities to ease the MBA learning experience?
- The same materials are expected to be used in the larger extension, which will have a conveyor link to the existing facility to ease the transfer of airfreight.
- He urged Government to prioritise the provision of facilities that would ease the education and employment access of the blind.
- 3 (move with care) (+ adverb complement) they eased him into the wheelchairlo sentaron con cuidado en la silla de ruedashe eased on his jacketse puso la chaqueta con cuidadoOraciones de ejemplo
- Murmuring soft words of comfort and nonsense, she eased herself carefully along the wall, bringing her hand along the side of the horse.
- Carefully, she eased over across the floor to the door, then moving as fast as she could, she swung it open.
- Balancing the car on the throttle and I eased myself around for a couple of laps to familiarise myself with the setup.
calmarseOraciones de ejemplo
- ‘When I get tense, I see the funny side and begin to laugh and then the tension eases,’ he explains.
- Then the sadness and shame began to ease, and I realised that they were not productive feelings.
- Tensions eased with each passing moment and the three friends began joking with each other.
- 2Oraciones de ejemplo
- House price inflation needs to ease to a rate of 6 per cent if a disorderly correction is to be avoided.
- The report came amid improving macroeconomic indicators as inflation has eased, interest rates are down and the rupiah has strengthened.
- They feel that though interest rates should ease, banks may not be in a position to slash their lending rates.
Verbos con partícula
- 1verb + adverb 1.1 (become less severe)
- 1 (relax) you ought to ease up at your age
(pressure/traffic)things have eased off a little at work
las cosas se han calmado un poco en el trabajo1.2 (act more moderately) he'll be dead before he's forty if he doesn't ease off
no va a llegar a los cuarenta si sigue trabajando así or si no se toma las cosas con más calmaease off, Jim; he's only a youngster
tranquilo Jim, no es más que un chico1.3→ ease up 2 2verb + preposition + object [colloquial] 2.1 (be less severe with) ease off the criticism a little
no critiques tantoease off him or you'll break his arm!
¡déjalo ya, que le vas a romper el brazo!2.2
aflojarle a [colloquial]
aflojarle a [colloquial]
a tu edad deberías tomarte las cosas con más calmaif we ease up now, we'll never get back on schedule
si bajamos el ritmo ahora, nunca nos pondremos al día2 (slow down)
disminuir la velocidad
aminorar la marcha
aminorar la marcha
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda