- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (work) trabajo (masculine) he is not in regular employment no tiene (un) trabajo fijo to seek employment buscar* empleo or trabajo when would you be available to take up employment? (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [formal] ¿cuándo podría empezar a trabajar? the conditions/place of employment las condiciones/el lugar de trabajo 1.2 (availability of work) empleo (masculine) the Department of Employment (in UK) ≈ el Ministerio/la Secretaría de Trabajo (before noun/delante del nombre) [legislation] laboral employment opportunities oportunidades (feminine plural) de empleo employment statistics estadísticas (feminine plural) del desempleoMás ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (hiring, taking on) contratación (feminine)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But does this responsibility not also extend to parents in paid employment?
- But why do we think it beyond the capabilities of students to take on paid employment while studying?
- The number of people in paid employment has more or less doubled since 1990.
- We recommend also that the members resolve to consider the employment of a full-time solicitor.
- Interviews must be conducted with care and an understanding of employment discrimination laws.
- There was also a positive change in employment of young people below 30 registered over the month.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (use) utilización (feminine), empleo (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Not only does fortification preserves their combat potential but also improves combat employment of weapons and equipment.
- World War II offers ample material for a study of the combat employment of mountain troops.
- Understanding these benefits and limitations is critical to the proper employment of space forces.
- 3 countable/numerable (pastime) [formal] pasatiempo (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Psychological tests, widely used in a variety of sensitive employments, would be deemed forbidden by the Constitution if a judge thought them ‘unreasonable.’
- This means trading and professional income together with income from non-pensionable employments.
- After running for state legislature and losing, he took up a variety of employments, from blacksmith to shop keeper.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.