Traducción de engagement en español:
- 1 countable (pledge)(period)they have broken off their engagement(before noun) engagement partyhan roto su compromisofiesta (feminine) de compromiso or de petición de manoOraciones de ejemplo
- We separated twice in the duration of our engagement.
- Apparently their society demanded a year long engagements, and this couple were newlyweds on their honeymoon.
- People usually marry after a period of formal engagement that can last several years.
- 2 2.1 countable (appointment) a prior o previous engagementpublic engagementun compromiso previoI have a dinner engagement on Friday [formal]compromiso oficial(before noun) engagement diary 2.2 countable or uncountable (employment)el viernes tengo una cenaOraciones de ejemplo
- He had just returned from a dinner engagement with his sister and family.
- I headed off for our dinner engagement where I waited in vain for my dear husband to arrive.
- This did not help poor Sam who had a dinner engagement at 8.30 pm at Lancaster, hope she made it.
- 3 countable (battle) [formal]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Extending the conclusion of losing battles, engagements and fire fights can salvage some benefits in the greater campaign.
- He fought in most major engagements of the Mexican war.
- The fight for Little Round Top is certainly one of the most written about tactical engagements in the Civil War.
- 4 uncountable (Technology)Oraciones de ejemplo
- China's engagement in space scientific experiments and technical tests is entirely out of peaceful purpose, it also represents a contribution to the science of humanity and to the cause of peace.
- Besides my amusement in actually relating a current writing to Plato, I think the column astutely voices a deficiency of student engagement in classes.
- Mutual obligation is therefore seen as a social or political value that can be enforced without reference to whether it involves engagement in a reciprocal economy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.