- 1 c (pledge) compromiso (m); (period) noviazgo (m) they have broken off their engagement han roto su compromiso (before n) engagement party fiesta (f) de compromiso or de petición de mano engagement ring anillo (m) de compromiso or (Esp tb) de pedidaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We separated twice in the duration of our engagement.
- Apparently their society demanded a year long engagements, and this couple were newlyweds on their honeymoon.
- People usually marry after a period of formal engagement that can last several years.
- 3 c (battle) [formal] combate (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had just returned from a dinner engagement with his sister and family.
- I headed off for our dinner engagement where I waited in vain for my dear husband to arrive.
- This did not help poor Sam who had a dinner engagement at 8.30 pm at Lancaster, hope she made it.
- Extending the conclusion of losing battles, engagements and fire fights can salvage some benefits in the greater campaign.
- He fought in most major engagements of the Mexican war.
- The fight for Little Round Top is certainly one of the most written about tactical engagements in the Civil War.
- 4 u [Tech] engranaje (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- China's engagement in space scientific experiments and technical tests is entirely out of peaceful purpose, it also represents a contribution to the science of humanity and to the cause of peace.
- Besides my amusement in actually relating a current writing to Plato, I think the column astutely voices a deficiency of student engagement in classes.
- Mutual obligation is therefore seen as a social or political value that can be enforced without reference to whether it involves engagement in a reciprocal economy.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)