Traducción de engagement en español:
- 1 countable/numerable (pledge) compromiso (masculine); (period) noviazgo (masculine) they have broken off their engagement han roto su compromiso (before noun/delante del nombre) engagement party fiesta (feminine) de compromiso or de petición de manoExample sentences
- We separated twice in the duration of our engagement.
- Apparently their society demanded a year long engagements, and this couple were newlyweds on their honeymoon.
- People usually marry after a period of formal engagement that can last several years.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (appointment) compromiso (masculine) a prior o previous engagement un compromiso previo public engagement compromiso oficial I have a dinner engagement on Friday [formal] el viernes tengo una cena (before noun/delante del nombre) engagement diary agenda (feminine) 2.2 c and u (employment) contrato (masculine), empleo (masculine)
- 3 countable/numerable (battle) [formal] combate (masculine)Example sentences
- He had just returned from a dinner engagement with his sister and family.
- I headed off for our dinner engagement where I waited in vain for my dear husband to arrive.
- This did not help poor Sam who had a dinner engagement at 8.30 pm at Lancaster, hope she made it.
- Extending the conclusion of losing battles, engagements and fire fights can salvage some benefits in the greater campaign.
- He fought in most major engagements of the Mexican war.
- The fight for Little Round Top is certainly one of the most written about tactical engagements in the Civil War.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable [Technology/Tecnología] engranaje (masculine)Example sentences
- China's engagement in space scientific experiments and technical tests is entirely out of peaceful purpose, it also represents a contribution to the science of humanity and to the cause of peace.
- Besides my amusement in actually relating a current writing to Plato, I think the column astutely voices a deficiency of student engagement in classes.
- Mutual obligation is therefore seen as a social or political value that can be enforced without reference to whether it involves engagement in a reciprocal economy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.