Traducción de engagement en español:
- 1 countable (pledge)(period) noviazgo (masculine)they have broken off their engagementhan roto su compromiso(before noun) engagement partyfiesta (feminine) de compromiso or de petición de manoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We separated twice in the duration of our engagement.
- Apparently their society demanded a year long engagements, and this couple were newlyweds on their honeymoon.
- People usually marry after a period of formal engagement that can last several years.
- He had just returned from a dinner engagement with his sister and family.
- I headed off for our dinner engagement where I waited in vain for my dear husband to arrive.
- This did not help poor Sam who had a dinner engagement at 8.30 pm at Lancaster, hope she made it.
- 2 2.1 countable (appointment) a prior or previous engagementun compromiso previopublic engagementcompromiso oficialI have a dinner engagement on Friday [formal]el viernes tengo una cena(before noun) engagement diary 2.2 countable and uncountable (employment)
- 3 countable (battle) [formal]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Extending the conclusion of losing battles, engagements and fire fights can salvage some benefits in the greater campaign.
- He fought in most major engagements of the Mexican war.
- The fight for Little Round Top is certainly one of the most written about tactical engagements in the Civil War.
- 4 uncountable (Technology)Oraciones de ejemplo
- China's engagement in space scientific experiments and technical tests is entirely out of peaceful purpose, it also represents a contribution to the science of humanity and to the cause of peace.
- Besides my amusement in actually relating a current writing to Plato, I think the column astutely voices a deficiency of student engagement in classes.
- Mutual obligation is therefore seen as a social or political value that can be enforced without reference to whether it involves engagement in a reciprocal economy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda