Traducción de engagement en español:
- 1 countable/numerable (pledge) compromiso (masculine); (period) noviazgo (masculine) they have broken off their engagement han roto su compromiso (before noun/delante del nombre) engagement party fiesta (feminine) de compromiso or de petición de manoOraciones de ejemplo
- We separated twice in the duration of our engagement.
- Apparently their society demanded a year long engagements, and this couple were newlyweds on their honeymoon.
- People usually marry after a period of formal engagement that can last several years.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (appointment) compromiso (masculine) a prior o previous engagement un compromiso previo public engagement compromiso oficial I have a dinner engagement on Friday [formal] el viernes tengo una cena (before noun/delante del nombre) engagement diary agenda (feminine) 2.2 c and u (employment) contrato (masculine), empleo (masculine)
- 3 countable/numerable (battle) [formal] combate (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He had just returned from a dinner engagement with his sister and family.
- I headed off for our dinner engagement where I waited in vain for my dear husband to arrive.
- This did not help poor Sam who had a dinner engagement at 8.30 pm at Lancaster, hope she made it.
- Extending the conclusion of losing battles, engagements and fire fights can salvage some benefits in the greater campaign.
- He fought in most major engagements of the Mexican war.
- The fight for Little Round Top is certainly one of the most written about tactical engagements in the Civil War.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable [Technology/Tecnología] engranaje (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- China's engagement in space scientific experiments and technical tests is entirely out of peaceful purpose, it also represents a contribution to the science of humanity and to the cause of peace.
- Besides my amusement in actually relating a current writing to Plato, I think the column astutely voices a deficiency of student engagement in classes.
- Mutual obligation is therefore seen as a social or political value that can be enforced without reference to whether it involves engagement in a reciprocal economy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to