Traducción de enter en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [room/house/country] entrar en, entrar a (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) the ship will enter port at 6 o'clock el buque entrará a puerto or tomará puerto a las seis en punto the sewage enters the sea untreated las aguas residuales llegan al mar or van a dar al mar sin haber sido tratadas it never entered my head ni se me ocurrió, ni se me pasó por la mente or la cabezaExample sentences1.2 (penetrate) entrar en
- To enter into dialogue with a culture that does not possess the ontological security of majority cultures is to enter a representational space of intimacy.
- We entered the City at the original site of Temple Bar and descended Fleet Street, now a mere shadow of its former journalistic self.
- As planned, Buddha enters the City to attend a feast.
- 2 (begin) [period/phase] entrar en; [job/course] comenzar*, iniciar [formal] the strike is entering its third week la huelga está entrando en su tercera semanaExample sentences
- It is expected to transform every life stage it enters.
- He also noted that the party is entering its 20th year in existence on December 21.
- 3 3.1 (join) [army] alistarse en, entrar en; [firm/organization] entrar en, incorporarse a she entered politics at an early age inició su carrera or andadura política siendo aún muy joven to enter the priesthood hacerse* sacerdote 3.2 (begin to take part in) [war/negotiations] entrar en; [market] introducirse* en; [debate/dispute] sumarse aExample sentences
Example sentences3.3 [student/candidate] presentar she entered herself/three students for the examination se presentó/presentó a tres estudiantes al examen 12 horses have been entered in the race se han inscrito 12 caballos para tomar parte en la carrera
- In the last surviving section, the betrothed is introduced to and enters her new Byzantine family.
- The national interest analysis notes some of the disadvantages to New Zealand in entering a closer economic partnership with Thailand.
- Following this he became a Schools Inspector, entering at this stage the same profession as that of his father.
- The condition he has was discovered while he was a teenager and had been treated and noted before he entered Yale.
- Suggest a book for someone considering entering the Catholic Church.
Example sentences3.4 [race] inscribirse* (para tomar parte) en are you going to enter the competition? ¿te vas a presentar al concurso?
- Nevertheless, success in the Islamic Games' tennis and entering the World Group play-offs are the landmarks of our national tennis.
- I am working towards entering the City of Glasgow Great Scottish Run on September 8.
- Luxembourg have entered the World Cup 15 times and finished bottom of their qualifying group every time.
- In nearly all cases, the defendant enters a guilty plea before trial.
- During a hearing on Monday, his solicitor entered no plea and made no application for bail.
- She too had been given an indication that upon such pleas being entered, the prosecution would not proceed further against her husband.
- 4 4.1 (record — in register) inscribir*; (— in ledger, book) anotar, dar* entrada a to enter one's name on a list inscribirse* en una lista words are entered in alphabetical order se da entrada a las palabras por orden alfabético she entered a cross against my name puso una cruz junto a mi nombre 4.2 [Computing/Informática] [data] dar* entrada a, introducir*Example sentences
- Secondly, you can deliberately enter information about yourself into a digital profile.
- So when you enter your information, it's going to a criminal somewhere in the Internet, who's taking that data and using it for financial crime.
- Users can use it to enter information about themselves on any web site without having to type it in manually every time.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 (come, go in) entrar enter! ¡adelante! or ¡pase! 1.2 [actor/character] entrar enter Melissa entra Melissa to enter stage right salir* a escena or entrar en escena por la derechaExample sentences
- As they exit from the stage, enter three beautiful women from Ukraine, dressed in vibrant costumes.
- [Computing/Informática] intro (masculine)
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.