transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (rub out) [pencil mark/error] borrar the teacher erased the blackboard (American English/inglés norteamericano) la profesora borró el pizarrónMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Audio] [Computing/Informática] borrar
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 [literary/literario] [emotion] borrar [literary/literario] she tried to erase the dreadful scenes from her mind trató de borrar or apartar las terribles escenas de su pensamiento [literary/literario]
- A sudden smile can smooth it free of tension as easily as the tide can erase marks on sand.
- The kids glanced up at me, and some started erasing their marks.
- Remarkably, seven days later her mark was erased.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Just like erasing a magnetic hard disk does not delete all the information stored on the disk, common erasure methods for tapes do not erase all of the data on the tape.
- The degaussing process is designed to erase the tape magnetically back to a virgin state.
- A file in the Recycle Bin is not erased from your computer until you select ‘Empty the Recycle Bin’ from the File menu.
- If women participated in this myth-making in order to understand themselves and their place in the world, the traces have been erased or repressed.
- In some parts of Latin America, there's been an attempt to erase many of the traces of liberation theology in any of its forms.
- That element of my nightmare had been erased, diminished, dissolved.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.