Traducción de establish en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [colony/community/company] fundar; [dictatorship/regime] instaurar, establecer*; [committee/fund] instituir*, crear; [bridgehead] establecer* his father established him in business su padre lo ayudó a establecerse en los negociosOraciones de ejemplo1.2 [criteria/procedure] establecer* to establish a precedent sentar* (un) precedente to establish diplomatic relations establecer* relaciones diplomáticas the army was sent to establish order se enviaron efectivos del ejército para imponer el orden
- Beatrice, a former director of a market research company, had just established her own firm.
- He left the security of permanent employment to establish a sports centre in Melbourne.
- It will be the first licensed international brokerage firm to be established in Abu Dhabi.
- 2 2.1 (cause people to accept) she saw it as a way of establishing her authority lo veía como una manera de dejar sentado que era ella quien mandaba he soon established a reputation as a womanizer pronto se ganó la fama de ser un donjuán 2.2 (prove) [guilt/innocence] establecer*, demostrar*Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (ascertain) [motive/fact/identity] establecer* we're trying to establish where/what/how … estamos tratando de establecer or de determinar dónde/qué/cómo …
- The firm's research had established that 75 retailers had requirements for space in York, some of whom would want to come into the city from outside.
- Research firmly establishes a link between a country's increased trade and economic well-being.
- Research has firmly established the link between social function and pathological outcomes.
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
- to establish oneself 1.1 (become successful, secure) establecerse* he established himself in the legal profession se hizo un nombre or se estableció en el mundo jurídico he quickly established himself as the office clown pronto se ganó la fama de ser el bufón de la oficina she's established herself in our house se ha instalado en nuestra casa 1.2 [idea/tendency] imponerse*, arraigarse*Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I am also grateful to my sister for her liaison with indigenous education colleagues, and for establishing some of my contacts in Adelaide.
- Some teachers would make an initial effort to establish communication and then would lessen their efforts.
- But once contact had been established, the information given was both speedy and accurate.
- He has firmly established himself as a young goalkeeper with a big future.
- The gold was won by Christian Olsson, the Swede, who has firmly established himself as Jonathan Edwards's heir.
- During that time she has established herself as an accomplished broadcaster, capable of dealing with the most delicate and difficult news stories.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to