Traducción de establish en español:
- 1 1.1(colony/community/company)(bridgehead)his father established him in businesssu padre lo ayudó a establecerse en los negociosOraciones de ejemplo1.2
(criteria/procedure)to establish a precedentto establish diplomatic relationssentar (un) precedentethe army was sent to establish orderestablecer relaciones diplomáticasse enviaron efectivos del ejército para imponer el ordenOraciones de ejemplo
- Beatrice, a former director of a market research company, had just established her own firm.
- He left the security of permanent employment to establish a sports centre in Melbourne.
- It will be the first licensed international brokerage firm to be established in Abu Dhabi.
- He has firmly established himself as a young goalkeeper with a big future.
- The gold was won by Christian Olsson, the Swede, who has firmly established himself as Jonathan Edwards's heir.
- During that time she has established herself as an accomplished broadcaster, capable of dealing with the most delicate and difficult news stories.
- 2 2.1 (cause people to accept) Ver ejemplos: she saw it as a way of establishing her authorityhe soon established a reputation as a womanizerlo veía como una manera de dejar sentado que era ella quien mandaba2.2 (prove)pronto se ganó la fama de ser un donjuánOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (ascertain)
(motive/fact/identity)we're trying to establish where/what/how …estamos tratando de establecer or de determinar dónde/qué/cómo …
- The firm's research had established that 75 retailers had requirements for space in York, some of whom would want to come into the city from outside.
- Research firmly establishes a link between a country's increased trade and economic well-being.
- Research has firmly established the link between social function and pathological outcomes.
- to establish oneself 1.1 (become successful, secure)he established himself in the legal professionestablecersehe quickly established himself as the office clownse hizo un nombre or se estableció en el mundo jurídicoshe's established herself in our housepronto se ganó la fama de ser el bufón de la oficina1.2se ha instalado en nuestra casa(idea/tendency)imponersearraigarseOraciones de ejemplo
- I am also grateful to my sister for her liaison with indigenous education colleagues, and for establishing some of my contacts in Adelaide.
- Some teachers would make an initial effort to establish communication and then would lessen their efforts.
- But once contact had been established, the information given was both speedy and accurate.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.