- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (of colony, business) fundación (feminine); (of regime) instauración (feminine), establecimiento (masculine); (of position, bridgehead) establecimiento (masculine); (of committee) creación (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (of criteria, relations) establecimiento (masculine)
- Wahid proposed the establishment of an independent monitoring commission to work toward peace, but was ousted in July 2001.
- The Council recommended the establishment of an independent tribunal, plus further rights of appeal.
- Preventing the establishment of a state religion is quite clearly a permissible goal under Locke.
- 2 countable/numerable (club, hotel, shop) establecimiento (masculine) military establishments instalaciones (feminine plural) militares research establishment centro (masculine) de investigaciónMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There are more than 1.1 million retail establishments across the country, an average of one every three square miles.
- Product mix and how a retail establishment looks play huge roles in attracting customers.
- It's very nice that your establishment requires their staff to dress up for Halloween.
- 3 3.1the Establishment (people who preserve the accepted order) la clase dirigente, el establishment (before noun/delante del nombre) Establishment attitudes/values las actitudes/los valores de la clase dirigente 3.2 (ruling group) the literary establishment las figuras consagradas del mundo literario the medical establishment el establishment dentro de la profesión médica
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.